The Student Room Group

Book recommendations that may help with final project module for undergrad degree?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a book that might help improve my scientific writing skills to prepare for my project module (chemistry). I'm not sure whether a dissertation book would be suitable as I assume the context is going to be different. I don't have a lot of information about what the module is going to include yet, just that it includes a project write-up from my choice of subjects that has to be so many thousand words long. This kind of thing has never been one of my strong points so I'm hoping to find something that will help me improve before the module starts, so any suggestions would be welcome.
I wouldn't recommend a book at all. You have to develop your own style which will only come with practise and getting feedback. Also, different supervisors will prefer different styles so you want to write for your audience. I'd suggest waiting till the module starts so you know what to expect. I suspect you'll be given guidance. Maybe find a partner who will give you peer feedback. Also, check with the uni if they have scientific writing support.
The best technique for improving scientific writing skills is actually reading scientific journals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending