The Student Room Group

Occupational Health Check

Last september i was forced to take a year out of my course for mental health problems (anorexia and borderline personality disorder) I have been in recovery since febuary.
I'm on a nursing course and have to have a occupational health check in order to return to the course, am i likely to be allowed back? anyone know te procedures on things like this?

Original post by Kellywalkerdavis
Last september i was forced to take a year out of my course for mental health problems (anorexia and borderline personality disorder) I have been in recovery since febuary.
I'm on a nursing course and have to have a occupational health check in order to return to the course, am i likely to be allowed back? anyone know te procedures on things like this?

It's really difficult to say without knowing the intricate details of your problems, and even then it really comes down to the policies and procedures of your university. Generally speaking, if you are in recovery or have been treated for some time and have symptoms under control then you will be allowed back. The caveat to all of this is how much these symptoms will affect you and your patients while you are nursing, and whether appropriate adjustments can be made or not.*OH will also need to take into account the reason why you needed to take a year out, and the likelihood of this reoccurring. OH are there to try and help you, but also to make sure that both you and your patients are safe which is really what they are trying to determine.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending