The Student Room Group
I'm not convinced it'll matter hugely... I'm assuming you haven't suddenly become smarter / dumber over the last year. Only thing is your tutors at uni might not be thrilled to write you a reference to send you off somewhere else, but that said, I can't see them objecting. Go to whoever you think will give you the most flattering (and accurate!) reference. :smile:
Reply 2
It wont really matter but one from QM will probably be more relevant than one from college.
Yes, you'll have to go through Clearing. The reference can be from either college or uni really, whoever you think will give you a better one.
Reply 4
What you do is, make sure you get released from your current uni (get written confirmation).

Contact the Secretary of the department you want to go in and see if they will accept you in the clearing process. (you should do this bit quite early) Don't contact the admission tutor directly. ALways use their secutaRy. The sectuary in these organizations is in position of power. They manage the day to day business of the department and know the staff the best, and know how to communicate with different staff. If they say no then take it as your final answer. On a piece of paper just write down why you want to go there and study there briefly. Just before you send your passport, they will ask you to provide your motivation, email this to them.
You dont have to disclose to them directly that you quit your current uni.

Then order the UCAS form from UCAS website, or get it from connextions centre.

All you have to do then is fill out your personal info, a level grades, GCSE and disclose that you went to your current uni for a year. And thats it. No need for reference or personal statement. Because your applying in clearing time to UCAS, there is no time to send your details to unis, and of course you cant apply to them anyway. Then send the form along with the Acknowledgement card in the post, (make sure you send it during the clearing time). You will get your clearing passport. Then if your new uni accepts you during clearing, send it off to them, and thats it.

And another thing you will usually have to wait until after a level results are published, before you can send of the passport. You dont priority over other candidates, but if the course or uni is not over subscribed then that wont really matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending