Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Mlang degree -Has anyone done this? -Please share!

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am researching what university courses I might go onto do after my A-levels. I have come across a fairly new type of languages degree offered at several universities in the U.K. such as Lancaster, Manchester and Southampton.

    **I am looking to find out if anyone has any direct experience of studying this kind of degree or if you know anything about them! (Whether you know someone else who has done it or you have looked into it yourself!)**

    Any info is useful!!
    Thank you so much!

    A MLang is what is known as an 'undergraduate masters' degree. It is essential a normal BA degree but with a compulsory MA attached. I suspect universities are beginning to offer these because it means more money for them, but I can't think of a single good reason why a languages student should do one. You won't be able to get a postgraduate loan to do a proper master's degree if you do a MLang, so what's the point?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.