The Student Room Group

I dont want to go to school.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauran-l
Yeah but I dont have anything to do instead. I dont want to just do nothing. If 6th form was enjoyable id actually be alright. I dont want to give up on education but the rate that im going at im going to have a breakdown

volunteer somewhere then
Reply 21
Original post by Ara8311a
Completely. It might be a good way to have a fresh start.

I do agree. This may be exactly what i need.

Do you know if it is possible to repeat Year 12 and do different subjects instead?
Reply 22
Original post by shawtyb
volunteer somewhere then

But then my life will be heading nowhere.
Reply 23
I had a similar problem in year 11 but this time it seems magnified. i only just finished my exams last year.

Just do ur hard work now and then it will help you later.Don't worry everything will be alright.
Reply 24
Original post by PugDevil
I literally had the same experience as yourself. For some reason, sixth form and myself just didn't click! I ended up quitting and spending 5 months of my life doing absolutely nothing and my sleep pattern was all over the place. Eventually, when I tried to fix it I had a seizure because my mind and body were at odds. So that was a bit of a wake up call!

I ended up going back to college and it was the best thing I could of done. I'm not suggesting quitting at all. Try and isolate what you're struggling with in particular and ask for help from those that are around you, especially college. If they don't help you then they aren't doing their job!

Spoiler

Thank you. I love life stories and I like it when i can relate to someone. Someone mentioned about moving to college instead of 6th form which i think i agree with.

I think im heading for something like a seizure or a full blown breakdown as my health is just not good at the moment. Id rather not get to this point and find a solution.

Thank you so much for your message
Reply 25
Original post by anojan
Just do ur hard work now and then it will help you later.Don't worry everything will be alright.

Thanks.
Reply 26
Thanks.

You're welcome
I do agree. This may be exactly what i need.

Do you know if it is possible to repeat Year 12 and do different subjects instead?

Of course it is. You could either ask your school or move to college or another school which offers the subjects you like. The subjects you choose can make a difference to how you feel about school. You might find that if you like what you're studying, it will be a lot better
Reply 28
Of course it is. You could either ask your school or move to college or another school which offers the subjects you like. The subjects you choose can make a difference to how you feel about school. You might find that if you like what you're studying, it will be a lot better

Is it possible to do that at this this stage - ie end of year 12

And do you think it would be possible to spend an extra year if i did move to college? - ie retaking year 12 next year.

I think that the school im at now isnt working for me and i think it may be the best option to move.
Is it possible to do that at this this stage - ie end of year 12

And do you think it would be possible to spend an extra year if i did move to college? - ie retaking year 12 next year.

I think that the school im at now isnt working for me and i think it may be the best option to move.

It's fine to do it at any point. If you chose different subjects you would definitely need to retake year 12 next year.

I hope that whatever you decide to do it goes well for you! :smile:
Reply 30
It's fine to do it at any point. If you chose different subjects you would definitely need to retake year 12 next year.

I hope that whatever you decide to do it goes well for you! :smile:

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I only hope people in my situation are as lucky as i am to speak to you.

I love your username by the way!
Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I only hope people in my situation are as lucky as i am to speak to you.

I love your username by the way!

You're welcome and thank you! It took me ages to find something I liked and now I use it on most websites I frequent. :smile:
Reply 32
You're welcome and thank you! It took me ages to find something I liked and now I use it on most websites I frequent. :smile:

Youre so lovely!!!! Youre really helping me out here.
Reply 33
Move to a college. maybe then you don't have to go to school.
Reply 34
Original post by OGGUS
Move to a college. maybe then you don't have to go to school.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks
Reply 35
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Your welcome:biggrin:
@lauran-l

You said you didn't like the way sixth form works... what about college? :smile: It's much more relaxed than a sixth form and there is less of a gap between college and uni (if that's what you're planning on doing).

I've just finished my A-Levels at college after having to repeat year 12... I'll never regret it :smile:
Original post by anojan
Yeah me too when I studied year 11 but have a long holiday.So don't worry Do hard work and then later it will help you to go right future.Also,if you work hard now later you can get a good job and better future.pray to god to give a strength to carry on.

Anojan gaved you the right answer, maybe you need to be motivated, or need a coach who can help you to resolve this problem. Studies are the key of happiness and nice future.
Reply 38
Original post by Homeremedies
Anojan gaved you the right answer, maybe you need to be motivated, or need a coach who can help you to resolve this problem. Studies are the key of happiness and nice future.

Thanks
if your in yr12 doesn't that mean your finished, or nearly done until after the summer holidays ?

Quick Reply

Latest