The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The only people who are actually against it are unattractive men afraid they will never get girls and ugly old shrews who are jealous, it's a perfectly reasonable lifestyle choice.

Original post by shawtyb
get a life#golddigger

I always liked your posts, be more open minded.
Reply 2
Original post by Radmanistan
The only people who are actually against it are unattractive men afraid they will never get girls and ugly old shrews who are jealous, it's a perfectly reasonable lifestyle choice.

I always liked your posts, be more open minded.

not sure if this is sarcasm...
Original post by shawtyb
not sure if this is sarcasm...

Not at all.

The only people who get really mad in discussions around relationships are people nobody wants

Neckbeard fedora men:

This:

Reply 4
Not at all.

The only people who get really mad in discussions around relationships are people nobody wants

Neckbeard fedora men:

This:

still convinced this is sarcasm, either that or im being really dense today.

but seriously, why would anyone aspire to be a sugar baby? it shows no life ambition, no stability and there just gonna bounce from man to man depending on who has the most money and who dishes the most out.
thats no life and if anything, it shows they have no morals.
Original post by shawtyb

but seriously, why would anyone aspire to be a sugar baby? it shows no life ambition, no stability and there just gonna bounce from man to man depending on who has the most money and who dishes the most out.

I wouldn't be a sugar daddy just making this clear.

It has nothing to do with morality it's a free trade and people are making an agreement. You could say the same about artists or musicians, their lives are not stable but they do it anyway.
Original post by shawtyb

How does it show no life ambition? I sugared to fund my Law degree from Oxford University, I graduated with zero debt and have a large amount of savings as a recent grad, which is not something any of my friends can say. I'm now working towards securing a position as a trainee solicitor. So why don't you only talk about things you actually have a clue about, because this is not one of them.
It's risky if you consider the fact that they may just want fun, in a sexual sense. Sex with an old man doesn't particularly sound fun to me, but each to their own.
Reply 8
I wouldn't be a sugar daddy just making this clear.

It has nothing to do with morality it's a free trade and people are making an agreement. You could say the same about artists or musicians, their lives are not stable but they do it anyway.

they have more stability and ambition then a sugar baby!

but hey, if you support people wanting to be one, thats fine
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
How does it show no life ambition? I sugared to fund my Law degree from Oxford University, I graduated with zero debt and have a large amount of savings as a recent grad, which is not something any of my friends can say. I'm now working towards securing a position as a trainee solicitor. So why don't you only talk about things you actually have a clue about, because this is not one of them.

and im glad i dont whore myself out to fund things!
i like to earn my own money thanks!
Pros: money and get gifts

Cons: have to sleep with probably unattractive overweight older men who potentially have families and kids. Not to mention the realisation that you're not much more than a prostitute. Probably find it difficult to have a real relationship. *
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Pros: money and get gifts

Cons: have to sleep with probably unattractive overweight older men who potentially have families and kids. Not to mention the realisation that you're not much more than a prostitute. Probably find it difficult to have a real relationship. *

ha!! this
Original post by shawtyb

Preach it :yep:
Original post by shawtyb
they have more stability and ambition then a sugar baby!

but hey, if you support people wanting to be one, thats fine

I support freedom of choice and respect OP's decision since it's clear she has a plan, as a more general view, I think the Anglosphere is stupidly inconsistent with it's treatment of relationships. Polyamourous, interracial and same-sex relationships are held up as amazing examples of human development, but as soon as it's a rich man with a younger woman, or a woman who is submissive, everyone gets triggered. It's as if post-modern beliefs on decency are fueled less by rationality and more by the hysterical jealousy of losers.
Reply 14
Original post by shawtyb

Technically it is still earning money..
Just by a different means..
I paid my university accommodation summer rent, which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do and don't know what I would have done in that case. However, they do try and get you as cheaply as possible so you have to be quite smart about it. You might also find it disturbing having an older man all over you and being seen in public with him. As bad as it sounds, what makes it easier is you'll often be drinking nice wine (or whatever your drink of choice is) so you don't have to go through it painfully sober. It actually takes a while to find a decent one (by whatever standards you have - mine were that they should be about 40 years old, rich and not ugly), so start looking if you want to consider doing it and you don't have to go through with it unless you find someone you're interested in.
Reply 16
If you're happy to be a soulless mercenary then go for it.

But each guy you sleep with radically decreases your ability to pair bond.

Then again, if you're seriously considering this, then you've likely lost that ability anyway.

So if there's a guy cucked enough to pay for it, use him. Fools deserve what comes to them.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

Exactly, she might not even be having sex and if she is, it's not for us to criticise since we're not the ones doing it.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

its basically prostitution and although in the UK its legal, its just not a good thing!

I support freedom of choice and respect OP's decision since it's clear she has a plan, as a more general view, I think the Anglosphere is stupidly inconsistent with it's treatment of relationships. Polyamourous, interracial and same-sex relationships are held up as amazing examples of human development, but as soon as it's a rich man with a younger woman, or a woman who is submissive, everyone gets triggered. It's as if post-modern beliefs on decency are fueled less by rationality and more by the hysterical jealousy of losers.

i have no issues with differnet types of relationships but sugaring is just everything wrong with a relationship
the whole concept just seems sad. These presumably older rich males paying young women for their company. What makes it even more sad is the fact that the men obviously know that these women have no interest in them and that they're only there for the money/gifts.

Latest

Trending

Trending