The Student Room Group

Summer Bucket List

1. Decide between whether I'm going to try and change my course from psychology at uea to English Lit and when.
2.Get fit/healty - either going gym or playing football
3.Try and talk more to friends in my sixth form
4.Make an effort to write both fanfiction and start writing an anthalogy of short stories online.
5.Try to find a job to do
6.Read more - especially the Alchemist by Paul Cohelo/Americanah/Half of A Yellow Sun and Ghana must go
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by scrawlx101
1. Decide between whether I'm going to try and change my course from psychology at uea to English Lit and when.
4.Make an effort to write both fanfiction and start writing an anthalogy of short stories online.
6.Read more - especially the Alchemist by Paul Cohelo/Americanah/Half of A Yellow Sun and Ghana must go

Starting to read more - smashed through a novel yesterday - missing me by sophie mckenzie and read some cherub...currently reading Fever Crumb

As for no 1 im still deciding but leaning towards Eng Lit
As for no 2 I really wanted to play football with friends but their hooked on skateboarding and pokemon go whic im not interested in so I'm going to have to do that on my lonesome
No 3 - Started talking to some of them but my phones messed up so i cant type properly so need to gget that repaired
No 5 - applying loads but nothings happening...
Reply 2
thouughts?
How are you going to change courses? By ringing the uni and asking on results day? Also I've just finished the alchemist and it was so good :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
How are you going to change courses? By ringing the uni and asking on results day? Also I've just finished the alchemist and it was so good :smile:

i emailed them both and they said i can change but im worried that if i change i'll be offered AAB/ABB for my firm and insurance and I'm pretty sure I got ABB at best so I don't want to completedly jeprodise my chances of getting a place at my firm,any advice?

Going to my HOY on tues to ask about this and what to do.

I want to read the alchemist but i cant find a copy at my library which is really annoying.
i emailed them both and they said i can change but im worried that if i change i'll be offered AAB/ABB for my firm and insurance and I'm pretty sure I got ABB at best so I don't want to completedly jeprodise my chances of getting a place at my firm,any advice?

Going to my HOY on tues to ask about this and what to do.

I want to read the alchemist but i cant find a copy at my library which is really annoying.

Are the courses both at the same uni? Asking your head if year is probably the best thing to do.
I bought the alchemist a while back of Amazon for like 2 pounds but it took like a month to come! When it arrived I was like what is this??
Reply 6
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Are the courses both at the same uni? Asking your head if year is probably the best thing to do.
I bought the alchemist a while back of Amazon for like 2 pounds but it took like a month to come! When it arrived I was like what is this??

yeah the courses at the same unis I've picked(UEA and Essex) and both are in clearing so there's spaces but i want to talk to my teacher and bring up my mums qualms since if I change course at my firm my offer is most likely going to be AAB(at UEA) as thats their typical offer/my current offer for psychology is ABB

With my insurance my offer is currently BBB(for psychology) for an ABB-BBB psychology course so if I change I think i'll probably get an offer of BBB at my insurance for english since the requirements are the same (abb-bbb)

Sounds great, we also thought of 5 things to do this summer and be productive too...
1. Start preparing for your dream job
2. Inspire the next generation by starting a vlog or blog
3. Offer a hand at volunteering
4. Learning a new language
5. Research your next step

See more here: www.bcu.ac.uk/productive-summer
Reply 8
Update - changed my course at UEA to eng lit,now im just waiting for essex to reply to me via email
Signed up to the gym but not sure what to really do?
Still looking for a job/Volunteerings not that bad - feeling like i'm being helpful
Investing more time in poetry for now and working on a few short story concepts.
Still reading ... Finally got my hands on AMERICANAH(Been waiting for that at my library) and I read the strange island of dr moreau (its...different) and i read disgrace by JM Cotzee (All I can say is David Luring is a complete weirdo )

Tempted to ask my friends if they all wanna meet up and watch suicide squad but scared of being aired/of my friends thinking its some sort of date and dat(well the girls anyway) as for the lads im not sure theyd like to watch it...

Oh and my phones getting repaired
@Gingerbread101@dragonkeeper999 @Gabzinc
How are you guys?
Update - changed my course at UEA to eng lit,now im just waiting for essex to reply to me via email
Still looking for a job/Volunteerings not that bad - feeling like i'm being helpful
Investing more time in poetry for now and working on a few short story concepts.
Still reading ... Finally got my hands on AMERICANAH(Been waiting for that at my library) and I read the strange island of dr moreau (its...different) and i read disgrace by JM Cotzee (All I can say is David Luring is a complete weirdo )

Tempted to ask my friends if they all wanna meet up and watch suicide squad but scared of being aired/of my friends thinking its some sort of date and dat(well the girls anyway) as for the lads im not sure theyd like to watch it...

How are you guys?

Great update :awesome: I've just hosted all of my friends for the first round of our version of come dine with me :biggrin:

No harm in asking if they want to watch it :smile:

@dragonkeeper999
How are you guys?

I'm good, making steady progress through my bucket list :smile: Travelling atm and having a great time, pretty exhausted though lol. Feeling like I need to do some more studying on preparation for next year though :frown:

Sounds like you're having a good summer :smile: What volunteering are you doing?
Have you thought about joining a local football club? Great way of making new friends and getting fit :smile:
Original post by dragonkeeper999
I'm good, making steady progress through my bucket list :smile: Travelling atm and having a great time, pretty exhausted though lol. Feeling like I need to do some more studying on preparation for next year though :frown:

Sounds like you're having a good summer :smile: What volunteering are you doing?
Have you thought about joining a local football club? Great way of making new friends and getting fit :smile:

volunteering a charity shop

too old for a local football club at 18 :/

How are you guys?

Hey! I like how your bucket list is doing, I'm definitely going to follow it! :smile: (I have HoYS but I've never read it :frown:)

I'm doing alright so far, and I'm leaving for Berlin tomorrow for a week, so depending on if I have internet connection there I should be able to update.

Good luck with your list!
(edited 7 years ago)
Posted a spoken word ting on soundcloud - check it out -https://soundcloud.com/kwekue-ghana/rejection-poem

Also,updated my blog
http://anansicorner.blogspot.co.uk/ and arranging with my friends to watch suicide squad

I've also recently been looking at adverts and I've been coming up with my own advert ideas (basic outlines mainly focusing on the visual aspects but not much in the way of dialogue)

I was thinking about future careers but I'm not sure what route to go down since I also want to help create new ideas and be able to express myself.I know I'm unlikely to earn loads of money but I'm interested in it.I also want to feel like I'm helping people.Any advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
still going gym and feeling good about that,starting to shift my focus to applying for jobs and no luck atm...still stuck between career paths...

Quick Reply

Latest