The Student Room Group

Application / switching modules

So my original course was Chemistry. But recently, I've been thinking that it's not a good fit for me. I've looked up psychology as I've always had an interest in it and it looks much more interesting and much more appealing to me. I've looked at multiple universities and looked into the course in detail.

The problem is:
1. I haven't actually done Psychology at ALevel however, I would definitely spend the rest of the summer looking it up and learning the content as I'm sure it helps to some degree.

2. I've already applied to universities for Chemistry. I was wondering what I could actually do to change the subject? I have a firm university but I'm planning to go through clearing anyway.

Someone help thanks!
Original post by mistermaker
So my original course was Chemistry. But recently, I've been thinking that it's not a good fit for me. I've looked up psychology as I've always had an interest in it and it looks much more interesting and much more appealing to me. I've looked at multiple universities and looked into the course in detail.

The problem is:
1. I haven't actually done Psychology at ALevel however, I would definitely spend the rest of the summer looking it up and learning the content as I'm sure it helps to some degree.

2. I've already applied to universities for Chemistry. I was wondering what I could actually do to change the subject? I have a firm university but I'm planning to go through clearing anyway.

Someone help thanks!

if you still want to attend your firm uni ring them up now and ask what their policy is on transfers. My friend made the exact same change - she applied for Chemistry, met her offer, then in the first week of the term she changed to Psychology. As long as your university doesn't require Psychology A level (which I don't think many do - just a science or 2, usually) you should be fine either at your firm uni or in Clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending