The Student Room Group

Undergrad: Bocconi vs. SSE

I'm born and raised in Sweden. I would like to work in investment banking and eventually move into PE or HF, or pursue entrepreneurship.

I have been admitted to both Bocconi (BSc Economics, Management & Computer Science) and Stockholm School of Economics, SSE (BSc Business & Economics). Which would be better for me?

I am leaning towards SSE because of the following:

- Feels like I have better opportunities of landing a job in IB straight after undergrad, almost everyone in Bocconi seems to take a MSc. A LinkedIn search will confirm this.

- SSE is free and close to home, and I am very familiar to the social life.

Any thoughts?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vanillaboy
I'm born and raised in Sweden. I would like to work in investment banking and eventually move into PE or HF, or pursue entrepreneurship.

I have been admitted to both Bocconi (BSc Economics, Management & Computer Science) and Stockholm School of Economics, SSE (BSc Business & Economics). Which would be better for me?

I am leaning towards SSE because of the following:

- Feels like I have better opportunities of landing a job in IB straight after undergrad, almost everyone in Bocconi seems to take a MSc. A LinkedIn search will confirm this.

- SSE is free and close to home, and I am very familiar to the social life.

Any thoughts?

SSE has hot girls

/endthread

No but seriously, it doesn't matter they're both target schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Bocconi is supposed to offer many undergraduate courses just to lure international students and to increase its alumni base. Its strength lies more in its MSc courses, that's why as you said you see many people choosing Bocconi for their Master's. Yes, you could still land an IB position with it, but if I were you I wouldn't leave my home country (let alone SSE) to go to Bocconi for undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending