The Student Room Group

Carphone Warehouse training day

Ive recently had an interview at carphone warehouse and thankfully I was offered the job, I got told I was to be going on a 3 day training course in Birmingham but am unsure when. Also I was told there was a test at the end of it which determined if you were to be employed or not as you have to pass the test. Can anyone help tell me how long I will be waiting till I hear back about my dates and how hard the test is? Also I currently have a job which i will be leaving for Carphone Warehouse and I am unsure when to hand my notice is because there could be a possibility I fail the test at the end of the training course and result in no job at all.

Scroll to see replies

I have also received a job at carphone warehouse. I got the job around the 1st July and then was rang up about a week and a half later to confirm dates for the course which is on the 18th. They have to send stuff to HR and that can take a while but they will then ring you up and send you an email to do a background check.
I have no experience of the test but my dad sells cars and has to do the same sort of test for the Financial Conduct Authority. He says they aren't bad at all. Good luck with it all. Jack
Reply 2
Original post by jdunstone16
I have also received a job at carphone warehouse. I got the job around the 1st July and then was rang up about a week and a half later to confirm dates for the course which is on the 18th. They have to send stuff to HR and that can take a while but they will then ring you up and send you an email to do a background check.
I have no experience of the test but my dad sells cars and has to do the same sort of test for the Financial Conduct Authority. He says they aren't bad at all. Good luck with it all. Jack

Yep, got the call the other day, thanks for the reply
It's ok. Hope you enjoy the training and good luck in the job! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jdunstone16
It's ok. Hope you enjoy the training and good luck in the job! :smile:

Nice one mate
When are you going on training then?
Reply 6
Go on the 24th and it starts the 25th till 27th July, I'm praying I pass the test at the end!
Original post by j_wackett
Go on the 24th and it starts the 25th till 27th July, I'm praying I pass the test at the end!

Hi im going to the training on them days picked my train tickets up today. Wanna meet up in the hotel and go for a drink before the morning session on monday. I fond it best to bond quickly and plus if your there sunday afternoon ish its gonna be abit boring sunday if we know anyone :smile:
Reply 8
yeah no problem, will be good to meet someone early on. I will be arriving late afternoon around 4/5ish.
Original post by j_wackett
yeah no problem, will be good to meet someone early on. I will be arriving late afternoon around 4/5ish.

My train arrives about 5ish - add me on facebook Johnathan Marcroft
Reply 10
Original post by MagicJohnny
My train arrives about 5ish - add me on facebook Johnathan Marcroft

Sent you a message now mate
Hey, I'm going on my training 15th August. If anyone is on those dates, give me a shout.
Reply 12
Hey, does anyone have any reviews about the training as a whole (the test in particular)
Reply 13
Ive been offered a interveiw and theyve told me about the 2 day course but i hate role plays could any one tell me what goes on at the training course please? I am confident but when it comes to role play eek such cringe, thanks
Original post by Krisseh
Ive been offered a interveiw and theyve told me about the 2 day course but i hate role plays could any one tell me what goes on at the training course please? I am confident but when it comes to role play eek such cringe, thanks

I did my training a few months ago, there is quite a bit of role play but thats just because they need you to learn how to show customers through the different steps of a sale, I'm not exactly keen on roleplay myself but they paired us up and tbh its not that bad
Plus the people carphone tend to hire are really friendly people so don't worry about it
You'll be sat through two days of note taking&such, learning your notes for the test and then a role play on the third day (If I'm correct)
Reply 15
Well done on the job offer!! They should phone you within 3 weeks of when you got told you got the job to discuss dates for Birmingham. The test is pretty straight forward and is a tick box test. You have 3 chances to pass the test - most people pass first time as it is very straight forward, and not one person in my group failed so I am sure you'll do great! There is NO WAY you will fail the test!! You have 3 chances and I am yet to see someone fail! Good luck!! xx
Original post by tonibell
Well done on the job offer!! They should phone you within 3 weeks of when you got told you got the job to discuss dates for Birmingham. The test is pretty straight forward and is a tick box test. You have 3 chances to pass the test - most people pass first time as it is very straight forward, and not one person in my group failed so I am sure you'll do great! There is NO WAY you will fail the test!! You have 3 chances and I am yet to see someone fail! Good luck!! xx

Out of interest, how did you get your job and for what position?
Reply 17
I work as a customer consultant, and I applied for the job online:smile: Its great! Best job I've had.
Hey I know it's pretty too late but does anyone know what's the age requirement to work at Carphone Warehouse as I'm 17 and I really want to apply! :smile:
I’m 16 and currently in Birmingham on my first night of training so I’m guessing you’d definitely be able to join :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest