The Student Room Group

Just Missed My Conditional Offer

Hey Guys!So here's the situation: I have ABD in A-Levels, but I took AP exams this year and received 5 on AP Calculus BC and 4 in AP Psychology. I applied to U.K universities full of hope that my AP exams would make up for my grades. They have, well almost.
I received a conditional offer from Manchester a couple of days ago. They demanded 5 in Both Calculus and Psychology, but I got a 5 on Calculus and a 4 in Psychology. Do you think if I e-mail them they would still accept me with a just-missed grade? I felt confident that they emailed me with the offer JUST one week after my application, even with the ABD in A levels.I also showed my personal statement to a couple of teachers and friends, and they thought it was AMAZING. I sent the university an email stating how passionate I am about this course. Do you think they would make a slight exception and accept me, especially that my just-missed grade is in Psychology, which doesn't relate as much to my chosen course- Chemical Engineering, as much as A-Level Chemistry (for which I have an A, which is what they demanded in the CF) and Calculus (for which I have a Grade 5, which is also what they demanded in their CF)?
Yeh good chance they will. Good Luck
Original post by The_JoKeR
Yeh good chance they will. Good Luck

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending