The Student Room Group

Studying medicine abroad - Sofia medical university 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hello :smile: I am thinking of applying but i'm not sure which agency to use. Could use some help.
Also, I'm still waiting on my biology remark, so do any of you know if there is a deadline?
Thanks
Original post by CartoonSoldier
Hello :smile: I am thinking of applying but i'm not sure which agency to use. Could use some help.
Also, I'm still waiting on my biology remark, so do any of you know if there is a deadline?
Thanks

Hi there, I used SME, I wouldn't go as far as recommending them (was a bit of a nightmare getting it all sorted) but I did get there so I suppose I can't complain! :biggrin:).

I know a few people who used in InterHecs who seemed quite happy with them so may be worth looking into. Afraid I don't know about the deadline for this year, last year I didn't apply till beginning of September but things may have changed!
Original post by mariapatel
hey!
just wanted to see who else will be attending Sofia Med school this academic year...wouldn't mind getting to know a few people before I get there :smile:

fingers crossed ill be going there :biggrin:
Original post by Proton01
fingers crossed ill be going there :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for me too!
does anyone have any information about the English entrance exam ? is it really hard and are you able to revise for it, any information would be appreciated
Reply 25
hi - i will be joining Plovdiv Medical or Sofia in Bulgaria. What is it like ? I heard there are burglaries ? is the teaching in English of a good standard ? What about general amenities like groceries etc... what is accommodation like ? Please help me understand as i never went over to see the institute
Hey, I am also going to sofia, has anyone heard back from SME about relocation dates yet? Also, has everyone got their accommodation sorted? idk if should wait until i get there and see if my agency does help or find an apartment online
i'll be going Sofia too this year! in terms of relocation i've not heard exact date but it'll be late september onwards apparently. and for accommodation i would go beforehand if you can and sort it out, as there are more students this year so might be harder to find a flat close to uni in October!
Reply 28
Guys did anyone get an email with relocation dates?
Original post by abzz11
Guys did anyone get an email with relocation dates?

yeah mine is next Wednesday so 28th september! that's through SME if you applied with that agency
Reply 30
Original post by Aarush_95
yeah mine is next Wednesday so 28th september! that's through SME if you applied with that agency

I am so sad i had prior commitment so couldnt make it on the 28th. :frown: are you going to go from your city or the airport they recommended? Because when i checked to get from my city to go to london it was so inconvenient! Last thing do you reckon you'll prep for the english test?
Original post by abzz11
I am so sad i had prior commitment so couldnt make it on the 28th. :frown: are you going to go from your city or the airport they recommended? Because when i checked to get from my city to go to london it was so inconvenient! Last thing do you reckon you'll prep for the english test?

I'm actually going a couple days before as my sister is studying there, but I'll be meeting the rest of the group at the hotel I just had to check with them if that's cool, but you're right getting to Luton was pretty inconvenient! And I might just do a few practice questions to familiarise myself but apparently it's not hard at all
Reply 32
Original post by Aarush_95
I'm actually going a couple days before as my sister is studying there, but I'll be meeting the rest of the group at the hotel I just had to check with them if that's cool, but you're right getting to Luton was pretty inconvenient! And I might just do a few practice questions to familiarise myself but apparently it's not hard at all

Oh really? That sounds great. Hope you get there safely. Will probably see you around!
Reply 33
Hey,

I am a dental student thinking of transferring to the uni and wanted to know more about the dental medicine course and the university/city overall? :-)
Reply 34
hi - are there different dates for everybody ? i am going on the 5th
Reply 35
What are the admission requirements?
Hi guys

How are you finding Sofia I'm applying this year any tips? Is it a nice area? How's the studies and the professors any tips or advice would be awesome! Thanks
Just wondering any student who went through interhecs in 2016 did you guys have to do An enterance test? And did everyone secure a place even if they dint do well on the test? I'm just kinda nervous scared about it this year.
If anyone can reply it Be great help.
Original post by Zilly huma
Just wondering any student who went through interhecs in 2016 did you guys have to do An enterance test? And did everyone secure a place even if they dint do well on the test? I'm just kinda nervous scared about it this year.
If anyone can reply it Be great help.

Yh I applied through Interhecs too...do you when the entrance exam is?
Original post by Amberghani
I'll be applying this coming week through interhecs too, I've not heard much about the entrance exam either. Are those who don't do well not accepted then? I'm not getting this whole guaranteed place thing before the entrance exam 😂

The way it works is that once you have done your exam which would be on the last week of August, the university will mark your exam and determine whether you have passed your exam or not. If you have passed your exam, they will send your mark to the agency, Interhecs for example, and from then on it's up to the agency to decide to give you the offer or not. So it's a bit like a second opinion from the agency to ask if you are a suitable candidate for medicine or dentistry. Some agencies do claim guaranteed entry because those agencies will accept you anyways, they won't think about it! But you need to pass the exam for sure in order for the university to send an offer letter to the agency. I hope you can understand this poorly illogical reasoning haha..I am just hungry atm!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending