The Student Room Group

Anyone know anything about market risk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by faston2k16
Yes I've heard of £40000 with a small bonus for a first year analyst in risk. That's already nearly double what my parents' income is! And I've heard VPs comp is around £90000.

Some of my friends in Market Risk at BB have 50k first year salaries.
Original post by Turing
Some of my friends in Market Risk at BB have 50k first year salaries.

Really? I thought it was £40k. I didn't know it was that high.
Original post by Trapz99
Really? I thought it was £40k. I didn't know it was that high.

depends on the bank.

Also JPM for instance has 'IB Risk' which is pretty much front office and get similar bases + bonuses as the other IBD teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Risk = boring
Original post by squish562
Risk = boring
Less boring than Audit.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Less boring than Audit.

Nah
Audit's way more interesting. You go to client sites, work with different clients, go on meetings, in risk you just do the same thing every day in the same place for the same people
Nah
Audit's way more interesting. You go to client sites, work with different clients, go on meetings, in risk you just do the same thing every day in the same place for the same people
But you get to work at the Goldman Sachs.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
But you get to work at the Goldman Sachs.

I'd rather work at the pwc, Goldman's only prestigious if it's FO

And lol that video is good bant
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
I'd rather work at the pwc, Goldman's only prestigious if it's FOAnd lol that video is good bant
Toilet Cleansing Analyst at Goldman Sachs > Anything at PwC
Reply 29
Original post by YoFadda
Thank you. So does the degree subject not matter for risk roles or does that only apply for IBD? Because I heard that quantitative degrees like maths/engineering are preferred for trading jobs so I was wondering whether this also applied to risk?

Market risk, and risk in general is very broad. But I would suggest that the more quantitative your degree, the better.*A lot of theories in finance are borrowed from physics. The mathematics can be very similar.*
Reply 30
Original post by josh_v
Market risk, and risk in general is very broad. But I would suggest that the more quantitative your degree, the better.*A lot of theories in finance are borrowed from physics. The mathematics can be very similar.*

Thanks for the help!
Guys what's the difference between a market risk analyst and a market risk business analyst?
Original post by serions871
Guys what's the difference between a market risk analyst and a market risk business analyst?

risk analyst works in risk, business analyst is probably in back office supporting the risk team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
risk analyst works in risk, business analyst is probably in back office supporting the risk team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I tried to give you rep but I couldnt
Are there any exit oops for risk analysts? Like is it possible to transfer to other roles? Or do you just stay in the same job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending