The Student Room Group

Could you do A-leves in one year !!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
so, is there a chance of going to somewhere like Cambridge if I take three years or teach myself in one year. If so what would I need to do to give myself any chance.....
Original post by Student403
more

someone on TSR did 3 full in just a few months

He did, but in the end he wasn't able to do very well.

It was really funny. I laughed when he confessed on youtube that his exams didn't go as well as he hoped, and he only covered like a quarter of all the time he wanted to do.

No doubt he was working at an incredible speed, but there's a limit to what can be done.
Original post by 171819
so, is there a chance of going to somewhere like Cambridge if I take three years or teach myself in one year. If so what would I need to do to give myself any chance.....

Absolutely not, it would not make any difference at all. Not one jot.

Just do well in your A-levels over two years. That's the magic secret.
i was referring to @Zacken and @physicsmaths but you work too

Lol i got exactly 198/200. Lost method marks cause man thought shiz was trivial
Reply 84
I've had a gap year this year and taught myself a whole a A Level in about 4 months, it's definitely possible you just need to be able to spend time and effort on it
Original post by 171819
Could you teach yourself the content for both AS and A2 in one year, sit exams for both? How many could you do...

Pros and cons for oxbridge and or ucl etc.

It is definitely possible. I attempted to self-teach all of A level Physics, Maths and Further Maths in three months. Except for few further maths units which were disaster, I feel confident about myself.
So, if you are dedicated enough, you could have excellent results.

I would say three is ideal.
I'd understand in the case of maths yeah, two a year doesn't seem mental. I wish I did econ A2 along with my AS but oh well. Regardless of the subject, it's not that mad doing two. Three might be difficult depending on your work ethic, 4 is :erm:
Reply 87
Original post by Abstract_Prism

It was really funny. I laughed when he confessed on youtube that his exams didn't go as well as he hoped, and he only covered like a quarter of all the time he wanted to do.

No doubt he was working at an incredible speed, but there's a limit to what can be done.

Who are you talking about?

Student403 is talking about Zacken, who's going to get A*A*A at worst in his A-levels.

I'm interested to see this YouTube channel. :redface:

Original post by Imperion
I'd understand in the case of maths yeah, two a year doesn't seem mental. I wish I did econ A2 along with my AS but oh well. Regardless of the subject, it's not that mad doing two. Three might be difficult depending on your work ethic, 4 is :erm:

but econ is hella hard fam

clearly we're not talking about the same person

I'm talking about @Zacken who's got a minimum of A*A*A
Original post by Ayman!

but econ is hella hard fam

I don't quite mind it actually and A2 econ just eclipses AS in every way. Physics however... physics is the demon in my life :cry2:
clearly we're not talking about the same person

I'm talking about @Zacken who's got a minimum of A*A*A

I was talking about this guy http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3828473

well that guy's clearly an idiot if he wants to spend 16 hours a day studying :tongue:

oh dear i just read through this thread and wow what can i say - someone got a little bit cocky
Original post by fefssdf
oh dear i just read through this thread and wow what can i say - someone got a little bit cocky

What zackens blog. Yeh hes a proper annoying little prick sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
What zackens blog. Yeh hes a proper annoying little prick sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh the guy who did the A levels in 4 months ... do you know what grades he actually ended up with in the end ?
Reply 95
Original post by fefssdf
yh the guy who did the A levels in 4 months ... do you know what grades he actually ended up with in the end ?

There's more than one guy.
Original post by fefssdf

Who zacken. Yeh he got CBD and SS in some stupid step things which i heard r hard but idk. Seems like they easy since nothing gets harder then a level maths and fm.
Original post by physicsmaths
Who zacken. Yeh he got CBD and SS in some stupid step things which i heard r hard but idk. Seems like they easy since nothing gets harder then a level maths and fm.

shouldn't have done it in 4 months. what an idiot
Reply 98
shouldn't have done it in 4 months. what an idiot

bye bye cambridge hello london met
Original post by Ayman!
bye bye cambridge hello london met

least the emirates stadium is next door

Quick Reply

Latest