The Student Room Group

Moving to a levels

I've just finished my GCSEs and I now have a lot of free time. The A levels I have chosen are maths, business, ICT and economics. I want to get ahead of the game and have an understanding of the subjects before I start them but I don't feel past papers would be effective. anyone have any ideas on how I should start my studying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lewisirons
I've just finished my GCSEs and I now have a lot of free time. The A levels I have chosen are maths, business, ICT and economics. I want to get ahead of the game and have an understanding of the subjects before I start them but I don't feel past papers would be effective. anyone have any ideas on how I should start my studying?

I can't really advise on ICT or Business but have you tried checking out examsolutions.com? Their videos on a-level Maths material is great.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lewisirons

You could try reading some popular books on your subjects, as they are a way of beginning to read around your subject without it being too taxing. If you google "popular [subject] books" you will get a list of them.
Reply 3
firstly make sure that you are 100% confident with the GCSE content to put you on fair ground with the best in your class. Which is easy as you have just done your GCSE's! Get a wide scope of the subject by reading the specification. Watch related or unrelated videos on the internet and buy books. Revision guides also help as they give good summaries but don't use it as gospel as it will reduce the level of content. and also practice time management as to do well in a-levels you need to revise from day one and be organised.

By folders and paper and organise yourself to give you a head start. good luck
Reply 4
You need to chill in summer
Reply 5
get the textbooks... for maths just get c1 and c2 and start doing the examples and exercises. keep any work you do and make it neat cause chances are your teacher will set it as homework so you could just hand it in having already done it months before :smile::hump:

Quick Reply

Latest