The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do A-levels in just over a year?

I understand that if you want to take A-level qualifications it would take roughly 2 years to complete. My question is, is it possible to take certain A-levels such as, mathematics, history and government and politics (what I'm interested in taking) in no more then 1 year. As I personally believe that, 2 years is a bit too long to obtain these qualification and the fact that I'm eager to get into the working environment. Also, question to those familiar with A-levels, do you think that the A-levels stated above would be too much of a workload? Thanks in advance.
Original post by DauntlessOne
I understand that if you want to take A-level qualifications it would take roughly 2 years to complete. My question is, is it possible to take certain A-levels such as, mathematics, history and government and politics (what I'm interested in taking) in no more then 1 year. As I personally believe that, 2 years is a bit too long to obtain these qualification and the fact that I'm eager to get into the working environment. Also, question to those familiar with A-levels, do you think that the A-levels stated above would be too much of a workload? Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to privately self study these A levels in a year? Yes, though it's impossible to predict how successful you might be. It is a large workload and success will depend on your existing knowledge, aptitude and work ethic. I believe most people would find it very difficult to manage the workload and achieve high grades. You should look into the cost and practicality of sitting all of the exams in one session.

Would it be possible to attend a uk state school and expect them to teach you three A levels in a year. No.

Are there private schools/colleges that would teach accelerated A levels? Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
If you start learning the content now properly then you could easily do well in the exams but if you leave it till September then you're gonna likely run out of time cause maths for example will require you to learn 6 units which means you're gonna have to work very fast

Quick Reply

Latest