The Student Room Group

Charles Third Faculty, Masaryk or Palacky?

Hey guys,

Earlier this year I applied to Charles Third Faculty, Masaryk and Brno and after taking the exams about a month ago, I got offers from all three.
I can't decide which one to choose, though, and after about three weeks of getting nowhere, I thought it might be a good idea to ask for help here.
If anyone who's attending or starting at either of those faculties could share why they chose that particular University, that would be amazing.
Here is what I have so far:
Palacky and Masaryk seem to have some outstanding facilities and equipment, not so sure as to what the Third Faculty has to offer. In terms of student life though, Prague is arguably the best. I didn't get the chance to meet any Professors from Masaryk at the exams, but those present from Palacky and Charles spoke decent English and seemed pretty cool. These two Universities apparently accept less students per year and generally have smaller study groups which I personally prefer. So all have their fair share of Pros and Cons.
Any help would be much appreciated. If any of your are in the same dilemma, feel free to join the brawl.
Reply 1
Hey there,

I'm starting my third year at Masaryk University this September and was in the same position as you... I chose to come here because I'm from London and to be honest, the hussle is nice, but being here is amazing - its refreshing and its calmer. The teaching quality is excellent and the research is unparalleled. No cons for me - I have visited Prague a few times and I feel like its very distracting esp for a student who is doing one of the hardest degrees possible.

Let me know if you have any more qs about masaryk or any czech unis :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Darth197
Hey there,

I'm starting my third year at Masaryk University this September and was in the same position as you... I chose to come here because I'm from London and to be honest, the hussle is nice, but being here is amazing - its refreshing and its calmer. The teaching quality is excellent and the research is unparalleled. No cons for me - I have visited Prague a few times and I feel like its very distracting esp for a student who is doing one of the hardest degrees possible.

Well, I hope I made the right call in choosing the Third Faculty. The other deadlines expired a couple days ago and I was just too hesitant to make a final decision so I ended up sticking with the Third first offer I got, though admittedly, it doesn't look quite as fancy as Masaryk.
Anyways, thanks for your reply, I really do appreciate it.
Reply 3
Original post by eorzkmien
Well, I hope I made the right call in choosing the Third Faculty. The other deadlines expired a couple days ago and I was just too hesitant to make a final decision so I ended up sticking with the Third first offer I got, though admittedly, it doesn't look quite as fancy as Masaryk.
Anyways, thanks for your reply, I really do appreciate it.

I'm at Masaryk University in Brno - this isnt the same as Charles "third faculty"
Reply 4
I know, by the time you replied the deadline for Masaryk had just expired, I ended up sticking with LF3.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Darth197
Hey there,

Hi,
I was thinking to apply for Medicine in Czech Republic. Did you apply via agents like Medical Doorway? I don't have A-levels but resident in London, can I apply without A-levels and just sit the entrance examination? :smile: I am so confused

Latest

Trending

Trending