The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

MA Journalism (International) for Media Professionals- can I get in?

I'm really hoping to study this course and help further my career in Journalism.

I'm Canadian living in Australia and hoping to do this online degree. I hold a Bachelor of Theology (I know, a bit random..) and have started my own website that provides research and information on anything fro global issues and current events to technology and the arts.

How hard is this program to get into? Any suggestions on what to do? Is a Master's worth doing or should I consider doing another Bachelor's degree?

Also- do you study full time for the entire year? I'm a bit confused about the term dates.

Thanks very much!
(edited 7 years ago)
I think your biggest question is do you need this degree? If not it's not worth the time and money. Does your dream job require it? In terms of getting in, as long as you meet the entry requirements you should be fine. Have a read of the course structure to see what you'll be taught and what they're looking for and tailor your application accordingly. Term dates will be on the website so I'm unsure what you#re confused about. Masters courses are usually the full year of which 9 months are taught and the rest is dissertation writing time.
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Quick Reply

Latest