Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Asking about 'Independent Games Poduction' and 'Games Development' courses

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hey there!

I'm thinking of applying to one of the courses titled above (so the 'Independent Games Production' and 'Games Development' courses) as of 2017 but felt that I didn't have enough info about the course itself and how people felt the course was so I've come here hoping someone can help me!

I was hoping you could tell me what you think/thought of the course, what was good, what wasn't so good, would you recommend it etc. as well as give me some information about the courses themselves. What did you study? What sorts of things did you look in-depth at? Did it all feel relevant?

I was also curious as to how much knowledge you had at the beginning of the course and whether that felt necessary or more of a bonus on your part? For example, I currently have no coding knowledge and haven't much in the way of a portfolio that could showcase my abilities (part of the reason I'm applying in 2017 so I can build up the skills I need). Would you say I'm at a disadvantage or would struggle to do well with the courses as a result of this? Or does the course account for this and you spend time learning some programming/coding basics together with the expectation to learn more on the side of the rest of your studies?

Any info you can give me would really help, thanks in advance!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.