Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

"Hundreds forcibly disappeared in Egypt crackdown, says Amnesty"

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I admit I don't know the politics of Egypt or the context, but if true, what a sad and tragic case, and what despicable runts of human beings in charge.

Sent from my Bush Spira B2 5 Smartphone using Tapatalk

But I bet you we will get some sorry excuses for human beings come in here and excuse these despicable acts.

There's rarely a day that goes by when I'm not thankful that I don't have to live in a country where barbarism is ordinary, and even government sanctioned.

Egypt is an excellent example of why torture and etc do not work.

They have been doing it for 20 years + and where are they now? In a Police state with the economy controlled by the Military with a mini-insurgency. Same as they were 20 years ago.

It doesn't matter how many people you kill and torture, that will only empower extremism. They should have let Morsi and Islamism collapse just like Communism and other stupid ideologies previously.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.