The Student Room Group

what does this mean for people retaking the old spec?

Re-sit opportunities in AS and A level subjects where new qualifications were
introduced in September 2015, will be available in the legacy qualifications in
May/June 2017.

Can anyone tell me what this means for people retaking the old spec?

Received information from this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/485643/final-entries-to-legacy-gcses-as-and-a-levels-consultation.pdf
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Means that you are allowed to resit an old spec-AS whilst the new style A Levels are being introduced, but probably only for a limited amount of time.
Original post by Inexorably
Means that you are allowed to resit an old spec-AS whilst the new style A Levels are being introduced, but probably only for a limited amount of time.

can this also be done for gcse english?
Original post by shahchow124
Re-sit opportunities in AS and A level subjects where new qualifications were
introduced in September 2015, will be available in the legacy qualifications in
May/June 2017.

Can anyone tell me what this means for people retaking the old spec?

Received information from this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/485643/final-entries-to-legacy-gcses-as-and-a-levels-consultation.pdf

it means if you completed your A level this year in a subject that has been replaced by a new specification you have one last chance to retake AS or A2 exams nextt summer.
Original post by jakir haque
can this also be done for gcse english?

Yes you can resit the old gcse English in November (though you have missed the normal entry deadline) and if you can find a centre that will let you its possible in summer 2017
Original post by gdunne42
Yes you can resit the old gcse English in November (though you have missed the normal entry deadline) and if you can find a centre that will let you its possible in summer 2017

so does that mean i cant do it in my college im gonna have to do it privately? if i have to do it privately would i have to pay? or is it for free anywhere in the summer?
Original post by jakir haque
so does that mean i cant do it in my college im gonna have to do it privately? if i have to do it privately would i have to pay? or is it for free anywhere in the summer?

It means you can do it in your college if they are willing and if you don't already have a C it should be free.
If you don't have a C the college should be helping you get one but they may only offer the option to sit the new GCSE.
If for any reason you need to take it privately anywhere else where you are not a student you will have to pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
It means you can do it in your college if they are willing and if you don't already have a C it should be free.
If for any reason you need to take it privately anywhere else where you are not a student you will have to pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks for the help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest