The Student Room Group

Embarrassing losses in Footballing History

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheEmperorofCats
Luton Town 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers, a 3rd round FA Cup fixture from the 12/13 season. Luton Town were a non league team then.

DAMN.

I never thought of that!:redface:

Ok Brazil v Germany is second
Original post by moggis
DAMN.

I never thought of that!:redface:

Ok Brazil v Germany is second

Hahaha, it was quite bad :wink:
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Thoughts @Zayn is Bae?

As long as they don't get on the train we're good
Herefords defeat of Newcastle in 1972 gets cited an obscene amount of times during the early FA Cup rounds every year, and it's made Ronnie Radford a house hold name. There's even an award named after him now for best FA Cup giant killing of the season ffs.
Luton Town 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers, a 3rd round FA Cup fixture from the 12/13 season. Luton Town were a non league team then.

Luton then went on to beat NORWICH who were a premier league team in the next round (also 1-0)!

If we're talking about huge FA cup upsets, also have to mention Sutton (non league) beating Coventry (first division) in 1989.

Sadly Luton Town are back in the Football League.
Original post by Nichrome

If we're talking about huge FA cup upsets, also have to mention Sutton (non league) beating Coventry (first division) in 1989.

How about Spurs winning the FA Cup when still not in the Football League?
When Chelsea won Arsenal 6-0 in Wengers 1000th game:u:
Reply 28
Yeah the 6-0 to a team that was known as a completely defensive team and when you had all the Arsenal fans gassing before hand that they would win for Wengers 1000 game.

I thought we'd win at least by 3 goals that game, just smelt a thrashing was on the cards. Think it was better than the 8-2 because it effectively ended Arsenal's title challenge.

Quick Reply

Latest