Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student Finance (confused about one sentence)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

My application for the student finance was approved etc and it does state:

"We've got everything we need from you and your payments are ready to be made — view payments.
    Don't forget to register at university or college — we can't pay you until you do!We'll send you a letter confirming what we'll pay to your university or college. You might need to take this with you when you register.We'll contact you if we need anything further.You need to re-apply for student finance each year."

Now I'm a bit confused about the "Don't forget to register at university or college - we can't pay until you do!"
    I have got a conditional offer from Hull College which is where I am going to study BA (Hons) Games Design, and my grades haven't been sent off yet I believe but I know I got a Pass which is what I needed to get in. So do I need to do anything else or wait for the grades to be put through the systems and it will all be done automatically?

Thanks in advance.

when you get to the university you will have to ' register' where they give you your uni card ect and at that point the uni will alert student finance of your presence and you'll get your cash. this is why you need to make sure you have enough cash for the first few weeks of uni as you don't know when the money will come in as it won't be in your account till you're physically at the uni and have everything registered !

You will get a letter which you need to show your uni. That will confirm your attendance.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.