What do parks mean to people and their local communities, and how can a sustainable future for them be secured?
A cross-party committee of MPs (the Communities and Local Government Committee) recently launched an inquiry to look at who uses parks, the contribution of parks to health and well-being, and how they can be funded and managed against a backdrop of tightening local authority budgets.
As part of the inquiry, we’re keen to hear the views of as many people as possible of different ages and backgrounds across the whole country. We’d like to hear your answers to the following questions:
Comments should be posted in this forum thread by Friday 30 September 2016.
- How often do you visit your local park?
- What do you use your park for?
- What role does your local park play in your local community?
- What roles do you and your community play in your local park?
- Should funding for parks and park maintenance be a priority for local authorities?
If you prefer, you’re welcome to respond directly to the Committee by the same date. You can also take part in the inquiry by completing an online survey, or by using the Twitter hashtag #myparkmatters to share your thoughts.
Have your say on the future of your local park as part of a Commons Committee inquiry
|Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter||24-10-2016|