The Student Room Group

i have no idea what to do!

basically i am going into my second year of Management Sciences degree in September and so will need to start looking for a placement for my 3rd year. only problem is i have absolutely no idea what area i want to go into at all, just am completely blank about it, possibly even thinking about being a teacher, but i really dont know. are there any websites or anything that are any good for telling you what job you're suited to? ive tried a couple but they seem really gimicky and still gave me a huge list which doesnt help. it is making me panic slightly as i want to secure a good placement so want to apply early, but obviously cant until ive decided what to do! also, if i want to do a primary school pgce after my degree i really need to use my placement year to do a year as a teaching assisstant or learning support assisstant etc to enusre i get on into a decent uni for it, but then again if i want to go into business after having a years experience will be invaluable, so as you can see i really need to decide and i just have no idea, its so stressful!
Reply 1
If you're not sure about primary teaching or business, what I personally would recommend is spending your placement year doing something business-related rather than in a primary school but doing voluntary work alongside your degree. If your university has a volunteer society, ask them what's available in primary schools and I'm sure you'll be able to sort something out. This will look great on a PGCE application and you will still have the business experience if you decide not to go down that route. For a PGCE, they're not going to *expect* you to have spent a year as a teaching assistant so I'm sure voluntary work would be just fine - you could maybe do some work during a holiday at a summer camp or something too.
Hope that helps.
Jenn xx

Latest

Trending

Trending