The Student Room Group

A level Results

Hey guys , as we allknow , A levels result day is coming soon and I was just wondering whether the univeristy gets our results before we get ours a week and decide whether they would take us . So if we get rejected , is there any point calling them to plead them to take us if we are rejected after a week of consideration? Thankyou
there is cause ive heard many stories where people have begged after results day and have gotten in
Reply 2
Original post by Sugar_1998
there is cause ive heard many stories where people have begged after results day and have gotten in

How do they even beg?
Original post by lytran
How do they even beg?

call them up and plead your case . tell them why you want to go to this university
Reply 4
Original post by lytran
Hey guys , as we allknow , A levels result day is coming soon and I was just wondering whether the univeristy gets our results before we get ours a week and decide whether they would take us . So if we get rejected , is there any point calling them to plead them to take us if we are rejected after a week of consideration? Thankyou

Yes they get the results before you do.

And no, there's no point calling to beg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes, they get the results before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I was thinking of sending a sob story email in the hope that they'll accept me despite missing the offer :redface:
Original post by Serine Soul
Tbh I was thinking of sending a sob story email in the hope that they'll accept me despite missing the offer :redface:

There's no point.

If you have extenuating circumstances then your referee should notify your universities well in advance of results day (ie now).

The myth of "ringing up to beg" success stories are from people who missed their offer grades but had no update on Track on results day. They rang up to "beg" and were told they were accepted. Their begging played no part in the decision - it was already made. Their universities just hadn't finished the data input to send their acceptance to UCAS before results day.
Original post by lytran

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4200042&page=7 Post #137, point 4. Be afraid, be very afraid...
Reply 8
It may be worth stating something if your UCAS offer is still set as 'conditional'. However, if it says 'unsuccessful' there is no point, the university has made their decision. This happened to me last year, I was a couple of marks of getting in to my firm choice. I explained to the university that I had major cardio-thoracic surgery with a 6 months recovery time whilst doing my A2 year at sixth form, but it was too late as they had already made their mind and the course was full. My advice is, you might as well try because you have nothing to lose. It probably also depends on how popular the course is too!:smile:
Original post by PQ
There's no point.

If you have extenuating circumstances then your referee should notify your universities well in advance of results day (ie now).

The myth of "ringing up to beg" success stories are from people who missed their offer grades but had no update on Track on results day. They rang up to "beg" and were told they were accepted. Their begging played no part in the decision - it was already made. Their universities just hadn't finished the data input to send their acceptance to UCAS before results day.

I know, I was messing :redface:
Reply 10
Do they get it like a week before we get ours then? I'll be praying

Original post by jneill
Yes they get the results before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by lytran
Do they get it like a week before we get ours then? I'll be praying

They get them the Sunday before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending