The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Cambridge Mphil Econ Vs. Msc Econ at LSE

Hi,
I got accepted to the Mphil at Cambridge, Oxford, Msc at LSE as well as several top - 30 US econ departments for a first year Ph.D. ...
I was wondering whether anyone could commnet on the comparability of the UK degrees above...
Is the Cambridge Mphil more like the LSE Msc or the Oxford Mphil....
Anyone have an IDea what kind of Job one can get after this kind of a degree.....
E.g, is it possible to get a decent private sector or international organization job ?

Thanks for your reply
Reply 1
Mphilstudent
Hi,
I got accepted to the Mphil at Cambridge, Oxford, Msc at LSE as well as several top - 30 US econ departments for a first year Ph.D. ...
I was wondering whether anyone could commnet on the comparability of the UK degrees above...
Is the Cambridge Mphil more like the LSE Msc or the Oxford Mphil....
Anyone have an IDea what kind of Job one can get after this kind of a degree.....
E.g, is it possible to get a decent private sector or international organization job ?

Thanks for your reply

Given that you got into a graduate Econ course at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, and several top US universities, I'd imagine you won't struggle to find a decent job.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
The MSc (Econ) will move along at a very fast pace. The "September Course" in math and statistics can only refresh the math you already know. If you are weak in this area, which is very unlikely, you will be surprised at how fast they will stretch you. It will be exhilarating to study so much at such a high level in such a short time. If you are somehow weak in maths though, you will be miserable there, at least in the Economics program. As you know, math is what economics is all about.

Latest

Trending

Trending