The Student Room Group

When she doesn't belive your compliments???

What does it mean?? Does it mean she isn't attracted to you?*

For example in person I told a girl she was pretty. She didn't believe me. And nods her head.

I read on a website it means you friendzoned. She doesn't find you attractive *
When people call me pretty I laugh because I don't believe them. Idk tbh
Reply 2
Maybe she was embarrassed and didn't know what to say? My boyfriend regularly calls me beautiful or pretty, and it embarrasses and stuns me, since I don't think I'm good looking at all!
in no way does it mean you have been friendzoned (what idiot on the internet claimed that?)

it could be due to a range of things; insecurity, being put on the spot, or just seeking attention by repeatedly denying things

I wouldn't worry at all about a small thing like that
My boyfriend (who I'm very much attracted to) will call me beautiful and more often than not I'll say "no I'm not" or just tell him I love him.
It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't like you, though that could be it, but it could mean that she doesn't believe it herself. Many girls, myself included, have hideously low self-esteem.
Yea this does my head in. Some people are lost causes and not worth bothering with because the more you try and get close to them and to tell you their feelings, the more they push you away. Then they always wonder why they are left behind when the person who they supposedly "like" but don't bloody show it moves on! Honestly it's like getting blood out of a stone with these people- best to just forget about it as there is no future prospect
This is me. Whenever someone tells me I'm pretty/cute I just stare and it gets awkward. I have a hard time accepting compliments on my appearance idk why
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend (who I'm very much attracted to) will call me beautiful and more often than not I'll say "no I'm not" or just tell him I love him.
It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't like you, though that could be it, but it could mean that she doesn't believe it herself. Many girls, myself included, have hideously low self-esteem.

Original post by loveleest
This is me. Whenever someone tells me I'm pretty/cute I just stare and it gets awkward. I have a hard time accepting compliments on my appearance idk why

I guess it's also because many guys lie about it, so girls do always take things like this with a pinch of salt*
I guess it's also because many guys lie about it, so girls do always take things like this with a pinch of salt*

guys lie about compliments? tbh, guys don't compliment me that much; it is mostly females.
What does it mean?? Does it mean she isn't attracted to you?*

For example in person I told a girl she was pretty. She didn't believe me. And nods her head.

I read on a website it means you friendzoned. She doesn't find you attractive *

No, she was being modest! I'm sure your compliment made her really happy.
Reply 10
She probably just lacks confidence...or doesn't know how to take it. I used to be like that, it's got nothing to do with whether or not she's attracted.
She could just be shy/modest, you could always re-affirm it by saying something like "Well I like it :smile: "

But don't let it stop you complimenting her, don't go over-board obviously, but it's nice to be complimented once in a while, even if you think she doesn't like hearing it, she probably does :smile: Simply can't react in the right way, that's all.
I think it's a normal thing sometimes for girls. I don't know if guys ever behave the same way*
This is me, whenever people compliment me I feel like they just say it to be nice and not because they actually mean it. But then again I have a low self esteem
Original post by Foo.mp3
For some reason I find this extremely creepy. Is this girl possessed? :lolwut:

nods and is says no. Has a slight smile to herself too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending