The Student Room Group

Whos your favourite car manufacturer?

So whos your favourite car manufacturer and what are your favourite 3 cars made by them?

Mine is Mazda

1: RX7
2: Eunos Cosmo
3: MX5 (All Iterations)

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mercedes-Benz
1) S-Class
2) E-Class
3)C-Class
Toyota:

1) Toyota GT86
2) 03+ Toyota Celica
3) 2008+ Toyota Estima Aeras S Package MPV

and Toyota Hilux
(edited 7 years ago)
The Mini 1000 is my favourite car. They're so cute!

Original post by Trapz99
Mercedes-Benz
1) S-Class
2) E-Class
3)C-Class

Do you prefer the stock or AMG versions?
Reply 5
Original post by FireFreezer77
Do you prefer the stock or AMG versions?

Stock. I don't feel like Mercedes cars are the type of car that I'd want to race someone with.
Original post by Naveed-7
Toyota:

1) 2008+ Toyota Estima Aeras S Package MPV
2) Toyota GT86
3) 03+ Toyota Celica

Thats an interesting first choice, but a good one!
The GT86 is awesome!! Have you seen Ryan Tuercks 2JZ swapped one?
Its mad!!!!
Original post by Trapz99
Stock. I don't feel like Mercedes cars are the type of car that I'd want to race someone with.

Nice! I hope youre not on about street racing!?
But Mercedes are damn good at racing tbh!
But it seems like you prefer the luxury side of things!
Reply 8
Original post by Platopus
The Mini 1000 is my favourite car. They're so cute!

Fun but scary to drive above 70/75 (in the autobahn ofc :wink: ). Oh and occasionally in the rainy days water gets into the distributor and the car shuts off lol.
Reply 9
Nice! I hope youre not on about street racing!?
But Mercedes are damn good at racing tbh!
But it seems like you prefer the luxury side of things!

Talking of luxury, I got to sit in a BMW 730D E65-on a 08' plate. Absolutely amazing car, I get why people buy these things. its fast for a big girl, and she'll still get over 30mpg. Just lovely, lovely car. The 3.0 diesel is smooth and drives like a petrol car. Absolutely chuffed.
Original post by Themini
Talking of luxury, I got to sit in a BMW 730D E65-on a 08' plate. Absolutely amazing car, I get why people buy these things. its fast for a big girl, and she'll still get over 30mpg. Just lovely, lovely car. The 3.0 diesel is smooth and drives like a petrol car. Absolutely chuffed.

Nice one!!!
How expensive are they to buy? Im tempted!
Wow thats impressive! Must take a look into them now!
Nice one!!!
How expensive are they to buy? Im tempted!
Wow thats impressive! Must take a look into them now!

Well they're like £60000 new and the cheapest facelift I could find on auto trader was an 07 with 296000 miles for £4750. That car is truly amazing, it has some serious power under the bonnet. There I was expecting it to be a boat.
Original post by Themini
Fun but scary to drive above 70/75 (in the autobahn ofc :wink: ). Oh and occasionally in the rainy days water gets into the distributor and the car shuts off lol.

You've had one? Super jealous! My mum says she used to have one and when it rained, the water would come up through a hole in the floor! Doesn't stop me wanting one though.
Original post by Themini
Well they're like £60000 new and the cheapest facelift I could find on auto trader was an 07 with 296000 miles for £4750. That car is truly amazing, it has some serious power under the bonnet. There I was expecting it to be a boat.

Hmm more than i was expecting tbh.
But ill wait a bit for one i think!
Yeah well it would need it!
I dont blame you! Its not a small car!
Original post by Platopus
You've had one? Super jealous! My mum says she used to have one and when it rained, the water would come up through a hole in the floor! Doesn't stop me wanting one though.

Its a rust bucket. Don't get one lol, its not practical at all. I met my hero and I was left disappointed. It doesn't have good brakes, it doesn't have electric ignition/ fuel injection- my choke was a bit temperamental making cold starts rather interesting. Basically what you'd expect from 1960s car design. You're better off getting the more reliable Rover 100 series which is basically a different body on a Mini platform but with better suspension. The K series engine is far livelier and its more just fun. The ancient A series engine (1945 design) just wasn't that nice plus having to change oil and filter every 3000 miles did my head in given that I do 10-15k p/a
(edited 7 years ago)
Jaguar, audi and then range rovers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Audi based on personal experience.

I've stuck with them ever since I got my first car. What I like most is the effortlessly sporty designs, immense build quality and their Quattro AWD system. Love the new 'virtual cockpit' as well.

This will obviously change once I've sampled the offerings of other manufacturers.
Original post by Trapz99
Mercedes-Benz
1) S-Class
2) E-Class
3)C-Class

My dad has an E220, it's quite nice although not as nice as an A7.
If I was to go with Mercedes I'd get a C63 or a Brabus cls.

Spoiler

Nein, I'm really into my Porsche's, I love them all from the 964's to the gt3rs's.
Although I'm slowly getting more into JDM.
Original post by GaryIsASloth
My dad has an E220, it's quite nice although not as nice as an A7.
If I was to go with Mercedes I'd get a C63 or a Brabus cls.

Nein, I'm really into my Porsche's, I love them all from the 964's to the gt3rs's.
Although I'm slowly getting more into JDM.

Well I'm suprised tbh! I genuinely thought it would be Audi!
But I do like Porsches!! Esp the 914, 928 and the 959

Yes that's what I like to hear! I'm a huge JDM fan!
What's made you get into that then?
Original post by Indeterminate
Audi based on personal experience.

I've stuck with them ever since I got my first car. What I like most is the effortlessly sporty designs, immense build quality and their Quattro AWD system. Love the new 'virtual cockpit' as well.

This will obviously change once I've sampled the offerings of other manufacturers.

Audi are magnificent!
So your first car was an Audi? Wow! Nice one!
Yes their designs are awesome, the build quality is immense (as you said) and their AWD system appears to be the best in the world!
Hmm I've not seen that yet, or at least have forgotten about it, what is it?

Well it may not, you may have an unchangable love for Audi!

Quick Reply

Latest