The Student Room Group

Hull or Staffs?

Hey,

I'm planning to study Human Biology at either Hull or Staffordshire University. I now have unconditional offers from them both. I need some pros and cons of each one. Anyone?
Reply 1
Original post by FarahHijazi
Hey,

I'm planning to study Human Biology at either Hull or Staffordshire University. I now have unconditional offers from them both. I need some pros and cons of each one. Anyone?

Have you visited both? Sometimes you can go there and just know that it feels right. Also I'd look at cost of living vs. Grants and expected part time income to decide where will leave you better off, and indeed if you actually can't afford to live at one of them. Lastly look at the modules to see which ones you prefer.

Ultimately no one can give you a pro-con list because the good and bad about different places is very individualistic. But there are some generally things that anyone shoudl do before choosing a uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Aph
Have you visited both? Sometimes you can go there and just know that it feels right. Also I'd look at cost of living vs. Grants and expected part time income to decide where will leave you better off, and indeed if you actually can't afford to live at one of them. Lastly look at the modules to see which ones you prefer.

Ultimately no one can give you a pro-con list because the good and bad about different places is very individualistic. But there are some generally things that anyone shoudl do before choosing a uni.

Surely, I wouldn't base my decision on answers to my question because I just asked for fun, and to possibly get an idea of what people who might have been to Hull or Staffordshire think of the place or what those who have studied or currently study at one of the universities think. So far, Hull seems to be the best from all aspects.

Unfortunately, I have no time in my hands to visit any of them before university starts.
Reply 3
Original post by FarahHijazi
Surely, I wouldn't base my decision on answers to my question because I just asked for fun, and to possibly get an idea of what people who might have been to Hull or Staffordshire think of the place or what those who have studied or currently study at one of the universities think. So far, Hull seems to be the best from all aspects.

Unfortunately, I have no time in my hands to visit any of them before university starts.

So you hadn't visited before applying?
And sorry? I thought you were genuinely stuck on deciding and didn't realise you asked for fun...
Hey, I currently study at Staffordshire university. Although I don't do your course i can give a few general thoughts on the uni. The facilities at the uni are really good ad tey are always spending money and time to improve them. There is also great support from tutors and lecturers as well as the student enabling centre which deals with just about any problem a person is having. The university as a while is a very friendly place to be and a great place to learn and i genuinely love it there. Also if you are in for nightlife, the on campus nightclub always attracts a large crowd. Hanley and newcastle-under-lyme are also popular places for nightlife. Plenty of places on campus to have something to eat or for a coffee with friends. Hope this helps give you an idea of the place.
Reply 5
Original post by Alex95card
Hey, I currently study at Staffordshire university. Although I don't do your course i can give a few general thoughts on the uni. The facilities at the uni are really good ad tey are always spending money and time to improve them. There is also great support from tutors and lecturers as well as the student enabling centre which deals with just about any problem a person is having. The university as a while is a very friendly place to be and a great place to learn and i genuinely love it there. Also if you are in for nightlife, the on campus nightclub always attracts a large crowd. Hanley and newcastle-under-lyme are also popular places for nightlife. Plenty of places on campus to have something to eat or for a coffee with friends. Hope this helps give you an idea of the place.

Oh, thanks for the insight. Sure is useful!

Quick Reply

Latest