The Student Room Group

Graduate Schemes and Online tests

Hi Guys,
Do online test really matter when applying for a job or is it the application forms as well. When I was applying for placement I would always get through the initial check however when it came to online test I always seemed to do bad in it hence not getting through to interview stages or assessment centres. Can you guys give me any tips on how I could improve ? Hopefully this september, I will be applying for graduate scheme in HMRC, IBM, NHS, PWC and TFL.
Original post by No1Lion
Hi Guys,
Do online test really matter when applying for a job or is it the application forms as well. When I was applying for placement I would always get through the initial check however when it came to online test I always seemed to do bad in it hence not getting through to interview stages or assessment centres. Can you guys give me any tips on how I could improve ? Hopefully this september, I will be applying for graduate scheme in HMRC, IBM, NHS, PWC and TFL.

Yes the online tests do matter, you can be filtered out if you don't reach the required passmark. I don't know how it works for other grad schemes as I never attempted them, but for the Civil Service Fast Stream you had to pass the online tests to get through to the next stage. Best thing is practice- there are free online practice tests you can do as well as ones you can buy if you think they would help. Otherwise look at grad jobs outside of grad schemes too- these typically only require written answers such as a cover letter to get through to interview.

Quick Reply

Latest