The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades

Hi. My son is studying BTEC music (his school does not do A level), with a view to studying a BA in Music. He has just finished year 12 and has all distinctions. (plus is taking his Grade 8 Piano exam on Saturday).However, his school report states his minimum expected grade is M, his target is D BUT his predicted grade at the end of the course is P1!!. I am concerned that if he puts his predicted grades on his UCAS form, the universities will not even look at him. Can anyone help me?
Reply 1
Original post by Dezza3987
Hi. My son is studying BTEC music (his school does not do A level), with a view to studying a BA in Music. He has just finished year 12 and has all distinctions. (plus is taking his Grade 8 Piano exam on Saturday).However, his school report states his minimum expected grade is M, his target is D BUT his predicted grade at the end of the course is P1!!. I am concerned that if he puts his predicted grades on his UCAS form, the universities will not even look at him. Can anyone help me?

Actually the school puts the predicted grades on the form not him. And all you can do is talk to the teachers and find out what the unis expect him to get.
Reply 2
Talk to the teachers and find out why it says that. If he got all distinctions then his predicted grades shouldn't be lower than MMM - DMM. I would expect them to be closer to D*D*D* though.

There is always a chance they made a mistake while entering it into the system or entered the wrong thing.

The thing is, the tutor is the one who adds the predicted grades to the application so you can't personally change them. You'll need to talk to the tutor before the application goes through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending