The Student Room Group

BREAKING - Lorry strikes Nice crowd on Bastille Day

Scroll to see replies

There is literally no confirmation that there was terrorism involved as of now (23:38). If it was a terrorist incident, then we can start talking about motivations of the terrorists and their religion but as of now it could a mentally deranged individual, a drunk driver or a number of different possibilities. Of course, the fact that it's Bastille day suggests that this may be a terror attack but we can't be sure for another few hours until we get some clear information.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AntiMonarchist
Quit deluding yourself. It is becoming clear that Muslims cannot live peacefully alongside other non-muslim people. It would be best if they all go to their Islamic lands, we won't bomb/invade/interfere with them, they can get on with their thing and we can get on with ours. Unfortunately nobody has the guts to stand up and make it happen.

Some of my best friends/ doctors have been Muslims, why should they have to move for the actions of another. Reminds me of those a*sehole school teachers that would pointlessly keep a whole class back for the actions of a few.

Hell, one of my favourite wrestlers is a syrian Muslim (Sami Zayn) and one of the best role models for the young audience.
I bet it's Buddhism.
Sounds like Jainism to me, I mean who else could pull off such an evil attack? It couldn't be that religion of peace right? That one which brought peace to a land stretching from Portugal to China in 100 years, which was totally 100% consensual.
Original post by HopelessMedic
In that case why is that Muslims make up the vast majority of terrorist causalities?

I'm not really sure how thats related?

Also the "Muslims are the majority of victims of terrorist attacks" is debatable, it's true that the majority are in Muslim-majority countries, but that isnt the same thing.
Reply 25
What I don't get is that the lorry was ploughing through the French for about a mile! Why didn't one of the French just put a few bullets either into the driver or into the tires (to stop the truck)?
I was at the Bastille Day fireworks there a few years ago and it attracts a very large crowd. Thoughts for all those injured or bereaved.
If the French people want these terrorist attacks to stop, they need to elect Marine Le Pen as president and elect a FN majority in the National Assembly in 2017.
Wish the families of the victims well!!
Devastating for France

This needs to stop!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending