The Student Room Group

epq idea poetry

I am doing my epq on spoken word poetry, im planning on making an artefact where i make my own spoken word poetry, however the only issue i have is formulating a question to go with it, i'm inspired by one too many spoken word artists and i don't want to just limit myself or focus on just one spoken word artist (don't know if this is making sense right now ahahah), i don't know how to phrase my title and i don't know where to begin with the title, ahaha, thank youu in advance! and please help ahaha!
Reply 1
what about:
How effective is spoken word poetry in today's society?
Reply 2
Original post by Showdle
what about:
How effective is spoken word poetry in today's society?

Yeah i'll definitely explore this, thaank you for your suggestion!
Original post by seedlings
I am doing my epq on spoken word poetry, im planning on making an artefact where i make my own spoken word poetry, however the only issue i have is formulating a question to go with it, i'm inspired by one too many spoken word artists and i don't want to just limit myself or focus on just one spoken word artist (don't know if this is making sense right now ahahah), i don't know how to phrase my title and i don't know where to begin with the title, ahaha, thank youu in advance! and please help ahaha!

You should start with a broad question such as the one suggested above, research it thoroughly and, with the information you collect, you will gradually find yourself narrowing down your areas of interest. Then, you can formulate a more specific title.

I know you said that you don't want to limit yourself to just one word artist, but in order to achieve the required level of depth you will have to limit yourself to a few at most; one or two would be ideal. Thats because, although the word limit for the report (5000 words) sounds like a lot, as soon as you start writing it, you will realise it is very restrictive. Additionally, since you are making an artefact your report word limit will be shorter at only 1000 words.
Reply 4
Original post by Platopus
You should start with a broad question such as the one suggested above, research it thoroughly and, with the information you collect, you will gradually find yourself narrowing down your areas of interest. Then, you can formulate a more specific title.

I know you said that you don't want to limit yourself to just one word artist, but in order to achieve the required level of depth you will have to limit yourself to a few at most; one or two would be ideal. Thats because, although the word limit for the report (5000 words) sounds like a lot, as soon as you start writing it, you will realise it is very restrictive. Additionally, since you are making an artefact your report word limit will be shorter at only 1000 words.

this is the best advice of gotten thus far when it comes to my project! thank you! i legitimately can't even thank you enough, i'm most probably going to go by your advice so i'll narrow down my choices to two spoken word artists, thanks again!
Original post by seedlings
this is the best advice of gotten thus far when it comes to my project! thank you! i legitimately can't even thank you enough, i'm most probably going to go by your advice so i'll narrow down my choices to two spoken word artists, thanks again!

No problem. I wish you good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest