Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

HELP! New to the forum and have questions about vet med at RVC!!!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi everyone, I'm not really sure how this forum works, but I'm in desperate need of some answers regarding studying vet med at RVC. I'm not from the UK, I'm not even from the US, and it took me really long to even get used to the American education system, let alone UK's. This are my questions, I don't mind if you aren't an RVC student, if you're from the UK and you can answer just one question it would be greatly appreciated!

1. Do you need an undergraduate degree? I mean, is there any college-level coursework or diploma required to apply?
    2. I'm afraid that the UK's university system is almost exclusive to provide admission information for A-Levels. I'm an IB diploma student, and I just want to know if this lessens my chances of getting in, and if anyone knows what the requirements are.
    3. What's the actual course length? I've read something about it being 6 years, but I wanted to make sure since in the US it's 8 years of studying.
    4. How hard is it to get in?
    5. When you graduate with your DVM, are you only limited to practice within the UK? Is there any possible ways of bringing your practice internationally? (through more tests, paperwork, studying, etc?)

I think these might be it for now. It's okay if no one answers, there's probably a lot of people in here answering other things haha

1) No
    2) Check out there website
    3) 5 years. Can be 6 if you do a preliminary year there if you meet certain (different) criteria
    4) How long is a piece of string? It's hard to quantify, it's not easy, but it's not insane. Difficult
    5) No it's American and European accredited - you can work almost anywhere
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2016
TSR Support Team
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.