The Student Room Group

Will universities accept me without GCSE's and only A-levels?

Hi guys,I'm currently doing my AS-levels (11th grade), i haven't done my GCSE's as i shifted countries but i do have grade 10 qualification. I wanted to know if universities will accept me with just my A-levels or will they ask for my GCSE's as well?
Reply 1
Original post by Hanna423
Hi guys,I'm currently doing my AS-levels (11th grade), i haven't done my GCSE's as i shifted countries but i do have grade 10 qualification. I wanted to know if universities will accept me with just my A-levels or will they ask for my GCSE's as well?

A levels are fine. The only GCSE's they may ask for is English and maths which is generally a requirement everywhere and you're legally required to take them over and over again until you get c or turn 18. It's not required if you're taking them at A level. And English GCSE can be easily replaced with IELTS exam if you're not from an English speaking country.

But I switched countries too so I didn't have GCSE's. I got my maths and English one as I was doing A level and got in fine. No one asked for anything more.

Quick Reply

Latest