The Student Room Group

Economics or Politics AS Level - Please Help!

Hey there everyone,

I'm currently going into lower 6th this year and I've chosen to do Politics for AS, however I'm having serious second thoughts about doing it after doing some work experience and just thinking over the Summer.

I'm currently doing English Lit, Geography and RS for AS which I don't intend to change. I was just wondering how much maths is involved in Economics (because I'm not a huge fan of it). I really love human geography which I've heard can help with Economics as they both link quite nicely. Has anyone here done both that can maybe help me out? Which one do you prefer? It's a really tough decision because I'd really like to do both, but I can't!

Many Thanks everyone
Original post by fuzi8n137
Hey there everyone,

I'm currently going into lower 6th this year and I've chosen to do Politics for AS, however I'm having serious second thoughts about doing it after doing some work experience and just thinking over the Summer.

I'm currently doing English Lit, Geography and RS for AS which I don't intend to change. I was just wondering how much maths is involved in Economics (because I'm not a huge fan of it). I really love human geography which I've heard can help with Economics as they both link quite nicely. Has anyone here done both that can maybe help me out? Which one do you prefer? It's a really tough decision because I'd really like to do both, but I can't!

Many Thanks everyone

There is next to no maths in A-Level Economics. A few calculations, only worth 2 out of the 80 marks on my most recent paper, so it's no big deal if you can't do maths. Geography is a great advantage when it comes to the globalisation, poverty and inequality topics.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to chat further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fuzi8n137
Hey there everyone,

Many Thanks everyone

Do you know what exam board you would be on if you did Economics?
Reply 3
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Do you know what exam board you would be on if you did Economics?

I'm pretty sure it's Edexcel
Completely agree with Edmindzodo. I was expecting econ to have a hell of a lot of maths, & I couldn't have been more wrong. The hardest it gets is calculating percentages changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending