Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

headscarf on my ID??

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

When I took my passport picture, I was a Muslim and wore scarf but now I am neither of those. I turned 18 about 2 months ago but I've been scared to use my ID to buy alcohol or cigarettes in fear of being judged or maybe rejected because it doesn't "look" like me?? My friends invited me to a club this weekend and I'm scared to go because my ID has a headscarf on it and I don't want to be judged or rejected from the club?? I'm going to change the picture soon but what do I do for now? Has anyone had this experience?

Well you should still look like you, regardless of wearing a scarf or not. If you think about it, it's like having obviously different coloured hair on your id, which shouldn't affect whether someone lets you in or not as you'll basically look the same because only what's around your face has changed.

EDIT: on my passport I don't look very much like me (bad lighting and just bad face day in general) but I always act confident when getting it checked, and they only look at it for a split second then let me through- so for you, the bouncer at the club is not going to stand there staring at your card for five minutes, especially if you appear confident, because I don't think they care that much (it's just to verify your age).

(Original post by crycrycry)
    When I took my passport picture, I was a Muslim and wore scarf but now I am neither of those.
    You are no longer a headscarf?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.