The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The results on the sheet speak for themselves. :redface:
Original post by Billybobby47
I got ABDD in AS (D in Religious Studies- a subject I got an A for in the mock!) I spent the whole day wondering WTF happened in that exam and just felt so teared down. I didn't have to do anything e.g. go to work, but I'd rather be doing something than sitting there.

As for A2, I wake up and think about all the questions I got wrong. I'm so worried about results day- LITERALLY I am full of fear.

Did you send it for a remark?
I sat AS english language when i was in year 11. I was expecting an A, and i got a U. I was literally devastated, i paid for a remark, which wasn't needed because they got my results sheet mixed up. :biggrin:. I was so relieved.
Having been through a few results day threads I always feel most sorry for the few who have just missed their grades and their uni keeps them hanging on waiting for a decision - the wait for results is bad enough without further torture.
Il let u know on results day , fairly certain i didn't meet offer.
The actual results were fine it's just that a few minutes before they were announced I got a full blown panic attack and couldn't move my hands or my legs and couldn't breathe either so I almost ended up at the hospital :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Original post by thecsstudent
The actual results were fine it's just that a few minutes before they were announced I got a full blown panic attack and couldn't move my hands or my legs and couldn't breathe either so I almost ended up at the hospital :s-smilie:

Oh damn! I always go all hot and numb whenever I get important results :ashamed2:
I had a conditional for medicine but completely messed up my final exams since I was on a massive dose of epilepsy meds that basically turned me into a zombie - didn't find this out until afterwards so couldn't appeal. Got BBBC instead of AAAA. When I opened the final result it was like being hit in the freight train. I took a year out, worked as a HCA and found I actually prefer nursing, which I am now studying which I enjoy far more than I think I would medicine so it all turned out better in the end
I opted to receive my results by text (scottish exam board),but there was a mishap and the texts were sent out a day early. I hadn't done as well as I'd hoped, so I thought I'd have a day to pull myself together before having to break the news to my parents. Then the bloody 6 o clock news were reporting on the whole mishap so I got cornered by my family and forced to admit that I had my results and they weren't very good. That was a bad day.
In AS the school colour codes your sheet. If you see orange paper in the envelope, then leave
walk out the door
don't turn around now
'cos you're not welcome anymore
:colonhash:.

Horrible, horrible place to be tbh.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
In AS the school colour codes your sheet. If you see orange paper in the envelope, then leave
walk out the door
don't turn around now

I trust you didn't get the orange sheet!
Original post by fg45344
Flopped pretty much my A2s, went from AABB to ACC

Was such a stressful day in clearing, however I got into a university and now I'm doing a PhD at a RG uni, so life works out somehow. You have to give it time!

ah wow thats impressive :biggrin:
walk out the door
don't turn around now

wow thats a bit weird and harsh
I massively under performed during AS and A2, had to trash all hopes and dreams of ever becoming a doctor. Although things went bad then, I look forward to a better future.

So if anyone will be devastated like I was on results day, just hold on. Move forward, work harder and it will turn out okay for you :smile:
Well done for that tho.
Original post by Leviathan1741
No horror stories as such! At AS though it turned out that I'd got an E in one of the units for my best subject. I got an A overall at A2 so it didn't make much difference, but that E still haunts me whenever I look at my results sheet :lol:
Original post by Timtimluk
Well done for that tho.

Thanks! :h:
walk out the door
don't turn around now

I will survive! I willllll surviiiiivvvveee!
Reply 37
I was absolutely hopeless at chemistry all through school, plus my teacher was absolutely horrible. She put so much pressure on me that she actually made me ill, I'd cry and have anxiety & panic attacks before all of her lessons:s-smilie: I was petrified of what my gcse grade would be for chem despite the fact I'd never be taking it again, because the exam was horrific. I ended up scraping a C by like 1 mark, but as I did 'double award' science, it got combined with my A grade in physics to get a B.

I was so worried about running into her on results day that I wanted to just pick them up and leave, but I had to finalise my A level options. As I went out the one door, she was coming out of the one opposite and we collided. She demanded to see my result, and saw the C. Ignoring the fact I had 2 A*'s, 4 A's, 4 B's and 1 C overall. She turned up her nose and told me my C was 'adequate'. I absolutely hated her and haven't spoken to her since, even though I regularly visit all the other teachers...I skip her class entirely:biggrin::biggrin:
In year 9 we sat our ICT exam
I was sooooo nervous and scared
When I got my results sheet
I just looked at it and cried in front of everyone
With the teachers hugging me....

Ffs... It's more embarrassing than a horror story
But thought I'd share this one first

But at the year 11 results day
A girl collapsed...
Reply 39
walk out the door
don't turn around now

That's disgusting and insensitive. Being the mean person I am I would have reported them to the council or governing body. Totally unprofessional.

Latest