The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One school had results day on Friday the 13th and all the students who got UUU were haunted by the ghost of a clown.

You said you wanted a results day horror story right?
Chemistry OCR F324 2015. If you understand this then you'll know how I felt.
Original post by PugDevil
Oh wow, good job! I did something similar with my Geography A-Level. Dropped it at AS (because I got a D) for I.T and then dropped I.T to take back Geography (literally had to go beg to be taken back.)

Then I almost got an A overall for it because I absolutely smashed the exams :biggrin: I have never revised so hard for an exam!

That's awesome, glad to hear it went well for you in the end! :smile:

Not so much of a horror story, but a bit surprising - ended up myself with CCD as my A2 results, after a nightmare of a day - June 13th, 2013. I took the Edexcel C3 maths paper that hit headlines (after losing the paper, a replacement which was much more difficult, was set). My confidence after the exam was so poor that I wasn't in very good shape at all for a Physics exam that I had that same afternoon. Failed it.

All was not lost though as I made it to university in the end, but the days that followed were stressful, after looking through Clearing, and ringing various universities.

edit: Geography GCSE wasn't brilliant for me to begin with either - initially went for the Higher Tier, as I have done in all other subjects. First assessment got a D (these were past papers). Next assessment, an E - then 3rd time, a lower E, so was entered into the Foundation Tier for the 1st exam. Got a C, and it helped with my confidence - managed to get a B overall in the end, which felt like a relief!
(edited 7 years ago)
Ffs this makes me more nervous about results day.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I trust you didn't get the orange sheet!

Thankfully I didn't, haha. It was sad seeing those who did cry or simply walk away.
Original post by donte
That's disgusting and insensitive. Being the mean person I am I would have reported them to the council or governing body. Totally unprofessional.

Although that's what I first thought when I read that post, it isn't. The 'orange fail sheet' is inside of the envelope so technically no-one knows who has got the sheet. The sheet is most likely something saying that you have to leave.
Reply 46
Original post by richpanda
Although that's what I first thought when I read that post, it isn't. The 'orange fail sheet' is inside of the envelope so technically no-one knows who has got the sheet. The sheet is most likely something saying that you have to leave.

No its still disgusting, because you open that envelope and you and anyone near you can see what colour the sheet is. If you've done so badly that they would prefer that you left the establishment then they should arrange a private meeting and discuss that with you and allow you the chance to explain your side of the story.
Its bad enough finding out you havent done well (especially when you put lots of time and energy into revision), but getting essentially an "eviction notice" on bright orange paper is an even bigger kick in the face.

Talk about kicking a man (or woman) when they're already down!
Ngl. Reading some of these is making me want to throw up. If i miss my manchester offer then I'll just have to moonwalk into an incoming train or something.

I mean technically I've inevitably missed it. I'm 99% sure i got BBB instead of AAB. I'm just holding onto the hope that i get accepted anyway lol
(edited 7 years ago)
I did an access course and we had to fax our results over. Uni didn't receive mine. I had to wait until the next day to see if I'd got in. Frustrating!
When I received my IGCSE results I was at the cinema watching The Dark Knight Rises. My school had received the results and a friend who works in the administration sent them to me by text. The whole movie was ruined. The results were okay but I kept thinking what my friends had gotten and if mine were terrible compared to theirs.
Also when I went to get my A-Level results the words my teacher used to great me were "We talked and talked until we got tired" as she handed me my result sheet. I was ready to faint even before i had looked at my results
(edited 7 years ago)
AS Results Day last year was hell. I got really crap results (DEUU) which isn't surprising, considering I barely studied. Still like a kick in the gut though. This year I studied my ass off for my exams and need 280 ucas points but I'm terrified that I won't get it. Also the day after results day I fly out to the US for a holiday, so I'm hoping it won't be ruined by another set of terrible results - or else I'll take that other persons advice and moonwalk into an oncoming train, since Kingston is my dream uni and if I don't get in I'm basically doomed
Original post by lucabrasi98
Ngl. Reading some of these is making me want to throw up. If i miss my manchester offer then I'll just have to moonwalk into an incoming train or something.

I mean technically I've inevitably missed it. I'm 99% sure i got BBB instead of AAB. I'm just holding onto the hope that i get accepted anyway lol

I'm in the same position as you for the same uni and same grade requirements. If I don't get the grades rip to me.
I don't have a results day horror story as of yet, but ask me on the 18th August and i'll be able to give you one :smile:
Not me personally, but I know someone who wanted to get into this really good college for Mathematics, where i go. He needed a A*. He went to get his results but didnt open them, his parents made him take it home, where his 6 brothers and sisters were watching him open it, as well as a camcorder.
He didnt get the A*, i can onky begin to imagine how he must of felt.
Our school writes C and U next to each result depending on whether it's a complete subject or a unit result, and as you can imagine, I have a heart attack every time I see those . . .
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Why did I decide to click on this thread? :emo:

This thread has made me so much more worried about results day!:frown:
Original post by BR2671999
I sat AS english language when i was in year 11. I was expecting an A, and i got a U. I was literally devastated, i paid for a remark, which wasn't needed because they got my results sheet mixed up. :biggrin:. I was so relieved.

Oh god you must have felt awful! Good job it was only a mix up!:smile: What did you get in the end?
Oh God this thread can die
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I'm in the same position as you for the same uni and same grade requirements. If I don't get the grades rip to me.

Which course is yours for? I feel like I'm especially ****ed because mine's civil engineering... and I'd be getting BB in maths and physics. Lmao rip me.

I'm going to be in such a weird situation if i miss the offers too. I'm quite confident that i got an A* in a few exams. But my AS and controlled assessment grades.... they're why I'll get a B overall regardless.

So if the rumours are true and i can't resit AS exams next year but can still resit A2's, I'm screwed. It's harder to improve from A* to full ums in A2s than it is to improve from B-C's to anything higher in AS exams. And if I am allowed to do AS resits, I'll be retaking year 12 to to get into uni instead of year 13.

I blame myself for not trying hard enough last year
(edited 7 years ago)
This thread actually makes me feel much better!
I don't have a horror story but before collecting and opening our results, we all had to sit in the hall and hold our envelopes, with our results in them, whilst out headteacher gave us a 10 minute talk about results...

Latest