The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Oh god you must have felt awful! Good job it was only a mix up!:smile: What did you get in the end?

I got an A in the end, i was so relieved. :biggrin:
Yes i failed so badly i had to drop a year in 6th Form. Though, for all you other guys opening your results and just crying take hope from this

Its probably the one of the best things that ever happened to me :biggrin:

It is very hard but my new friends are great and i finally know what degree to do.
I can't wait to get my GCSE results back. They will probably be ok.
I went to a school where a lot of people get A's/A*s and my friend was crying and said 'i got A, A, B' and I genuinely didn't know if she was happy crying or sad crying.. Turned out happy.. Phew :') i tucked my B, C, D under my arm and got out as fast as possible
Original post by smegsxo
This thread actually makes me feel much better!
I don't have a horror story but before collecting and opening our results, we all had to sit in the hall and hold our envelopes, with our results in them, whilst out headteacher gave us a 10 minute talk about results...

Wow that must have been torture.. I bet noones heard a word the headteacher said
The 5 different types of people on results day:

I'm hoping I'm not going to be the last one...
Original post by Hevachan
Wow that must have been torture.. I bet noones heard a word the headteacher said

We had to open them together! All I'm saying is if she does it for A2 this year...I can already tell there'll be chaos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finding out i'd failed to get into my firm at 6am(when UCAS went live) and not being able to know why until 11am, as I had to go and collect my results from college in person. For 5hrs I just had to sit around trying to be happy for other people whilst I seemed to be the only one who'd failed. Even though with AAB I had achieved better grades than the majority of people around me, at that point I had no idea and for all I knew I had UUU.

Was even worse when I got into college and found out i'd missed my grade by 1 mark due to moderated coursework which couldn't be remarked :rolleyes:

This was 5 yrs ago so i'm going to assume every Sixth Form has now entered the 21st century and uses electronic means of communication for results.
(edited 7 years ago)
Didn't study for GCSE's 2 years ago so I was disappointed to come out with a string of B's. Thankfully these were enough to get into college where I'm predicted A*AA this year.

Reading this kind of makes me feel better because I know I've tried my absolute best over the last two years to get over the GCSE results, even if I don't get into my firm, I cant be far off.
Original post by sr90
This was 5 yrs ago so i'm going to assume every Sixth Form has now entered the 21st century and uses electronic means of communication for results.

I believe ours, and most others, now allow both - electronic and collect in person if you want :tongue:
Always make sure to check UCAS before going to collect your results! I saw I had been accepted to my firm before I went to get my results and even though I missed my ABB offer (I got ABC) I didn't care because I was in!
Original post by Inexorably
I believe ours, and most others, now allow both - electronic and collect in person if you want :tongue:
I wanted the feel of opening the letter :smile: So I put down my dad's email address whilst I went to school to collect my results. If things went badly, I missed my offer and needed to spent all day on the phone to universities, he would call me. If things were okay I could wait until the school handed them out.
Original post by President Snow
I wanted the feel of opening the letter :smile: So I put down my dad's email address whilst I went to school to collect my results. If things went badly, I missed my offer and needed to spent all day on the phone to universities, he would call me. If things were okay I could wait until the school handed them out.

I want to open mine too, even though these are only AS, the first time around I had it done online and that wasn't as exciting :tongue:
Not rly. I knew I was going to do badly A-level results day but a friend who claimed she was too going to fail worried me because I couldn't get ahold of her on the day and I was afraid she'd missed her Med offer and was depressed.

Turns out she got A*A*A*
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Not rly. I knew I was going to do badly A-level results day but a friend who claimed she was too going to fail worried me because I couldn't get ahold of her on the day and I was afraid she'd missed her Med offer and was depressed.

Turns out she got A*A*A*

People like that are just beyond annoying. Like I'm happy they did well but it's just annoying how they're like " omg I've failed" all summer
Original post by sr90
Finding out i'd failed to get into my firm at 6am(when UCAS went live) and not being able to know why until 11am, as I had to go and collect my results from college in person. For 5hrs I just had to sit around trying to be happy for other people whilst I seemed to be the only one who'd failed. Even though with AAB I had achieved better grades than the majority of people around me, at that point I had no idea and for all I knew I had UUU.

Was even worse when I got into college and found out i'd missed my grade by 1 mark due to moderated coursework which couldn't be remarked :rolleyes:

Omg you have the exam same story as me, it was the year that AQA ****ed up english lang lit exams, it was on TV, I didn't bother getting it remarked because the school told us they were sending them all off to be remarked but they didn't. Lost my place at UCL because of that. But the wait was agonising, we even had to line up in alphabet order and with a surname beginning with S I had to wait even longer despite knowing since 6am that I'd missed my firm. Terrible day

[e] also my old school still doesn't use electronic results, my sister left there last year and she had to go in for hers also. Luckily she got into her firm so it didn't matter but it's ridiculous
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by smegsxo
We had to open them together! All I'm saying is if she does it for A2 this year...I can already tell there'll be chaos

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really weird and a bit creepy that they make you do that. What if you wanted to take them home and open them with your family?
Original post by infairverona
That's really weird and a bit creepy that they make you do that. What if you wanted to take them home and open them with your family?

If you really wanted to you could slip out, but really only if you came earlier than 10am (when we got them) or after we'd all opened them.
Personally, I love to discuss my results and have people around me to see how they did and help them so I'm not too bothered, I just hate the speech!
Original post by suzyyyyxo
Not that much of a horror story

My school is slightly strange in that we have to work out our grades by adding up our UMS for modules. Anyways, AS results day last year - I added up all of my module scores for chemistry and it added up to about 135 (out of 300) UMS. I immediately started bawling my eyes out and blubbering about how I'd never get into med school with a D/E in chemistry. While I stood there and cried, a friend of mine redid my calculation and it turned out that I'd added them up wrong and had actually got an A in chemistry. Was so embarrasing for me as pretty much the entire year had seen me bawling :lol:

That's horrible that you have to add up your own scores! How do know what grade you have when the official boundaries aren't published?
Original post by lucabrasi98
Ngl. Reading some of these is making me want to throw up. If i miss my manchester offer then I'll just have to moonwalk into an incoming train or something.

I mean technically I've inevitably missed it. I'm 99% sure i got BBB instead of AAB. I'm just holding onto the hope that i get accepted anyway lol

yh hopefully manchester will accept AAB for their AAA course ...

Latest