The Student Room Group

Scared of terrorist attack on London, when will terrorism stop?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My friend and I are going to Central London on Thursday for a day out and I'm feeling quite anxious after Nice. Nobody anticipates these attacks and I'm especially worried going on the underground. Does anyone have any advice on how to stay safe (and whether we should even go) and what the odds are of an attack?

As a Muslim myself, I'm really heartbroken that other 'Muslims' are doing this and I'm so sorry to everyone. Please know that most Muslims are just as upset as you are about all these inoccent lives being taken and I hope that this world can stay united to resolve this massive issue somehow

Don't be worried :smile: If it happens, there's nothing you can do. But it's very unlikely you will find someone who thinks you're among those to blame for the horrible things happening atm. You don't need to apologise.. It's not your fault
Aww don't worry. :console:

You've just got to have some faith in our defences which have been doing their utmost to keep them out. And living in fear is akin to handing them victory.

Besides, in life, anything can happen at any time, so there's no point in being scared. Just live every moment. :h:
when sun expands to red giant

Spoiler

Conceal and carry like a lone renegade NYPD cop seeking to avenge the death of his stepdaughter. Be in the right place at the right time and be the hero

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
wont be long before ISIS attack London I hope not they r scum
Terrorism will stop when it no longer works.
So, never.

But if you let the remote threat of it control your life then we all lose.
Reply 26
Like others said, there's no need to worry. Although myself I do get anxious sometimes, If at times of these events I hear someone scream in the next tube carriage or something. I'd imagine that's normal.But if the thread hasn't calmed you down so far, then try to avoid areas that could, one day, perhaps maybe be dangerous. So don't go to Liverpool Street rail station, or Kings Cross or something, if that really terrifies you that much. :smile:

Don't worry though!!
Original post by Anonymous
If there is an attack, how can I protect myself and my friend? Play dead? Run?

Fight them back. Tell then allah is a stupid ****. That would really piss them off lol.
You've just got to continue going about things. Unfortunately if a nutter is gonna blow himself to smithereens then there is not much we can do about it unless there is evidence of communication with other terrorists which can be used to intercept the terrorist
We are lucky to have world class organisations keeping this country safe.

The rest of Europe is some way behind.
During the war, the battle field can be anywhere in the country. The only way to stay safe is....to destroy all terrorists and their networks . The dead terrorists harm no one. Human rights? Those terrorists deserve no human rights. Obviously they're not humans.

1468674537040.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
think 1 will happen before end of summer
Original post by saraxh
I live in London and I think people shouldn't go to really crowded areas like Westfield or Oxford Street.

No need, really. The chance of you being at the scene of a terror attack while it is happening is extremely low.

Quick Reply

Latest