Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Animal care course colleges in London advice please!!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm looking at starting a course on animal management and have looked at various colleges online but it's hard to know which are the good ones and which are the bad ones. Does anyone know if Capel Manor college is any good? I've visited their Gunnersbury Park campus and the premises seem quite old, which I wouldn't mind as long as the quality of the course and tutors is good. Help!

Why don't you go to some open days for the colleges? you will get to look around the campus and find out more about the course and that should give you an idea of what they are like and hopefully help you decide which one is best. I have just finished my btec level 2 in animal care and will be going on to do animal management in September after achieving distinction at level 2, have loved every minute of it so far.

If you were willing to travel out a bit further and into Kent, Hadlow College (near Tonbridge) is brilliant. My son attends their new secondary school on the campus and spent one term earlier this year taking animal management, one full day each week. The campus itself is huge and a brand-new building was constructed very recently, which now houses part of the animal management unit. They offer BTEC Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Extended Diplomas in animal care/management, their website is very comprehensive and worth checking out.

Edit: They are also rated Outstanding by Ofsted.

Thank you both for replying. I've been to a couple of open days and was keen to enroll on one of the colleges but since then someone told me that they are actually really bad, I did kind of like them but at the same time had reservations so basically, my gut feeling was right! Always trust your gut feeling....

Will definitely look at Hadlow, thank you.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.