The Student Room Group

Nice 'hoax' and fake bodies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
Some people will go to great lengths to make things fit their narrative.

Hahha are you describing yourself :h:
Original post by Ciel.
But the evidence is right in front of them? I mean, you can't just make up 84 fake identities, now that most people have social media. How can they ignore it?

The usual response to these kinds of arguments is just to widen the conspiracy.

Implicitly I'm apparently part of a massive scientific conspiracy, because all scientists have to agree to fake all their results so that they're consistent so that someone somewhere can claim that global warming is real and that the universe is billions of years old. Because all it takes to ruin the narrative is for one scientist to find something that contradicts everything else, every scientist has to be in on the conspiracy. And that, therefore, includes me.
Reply 22
Original post by Drewski
Conspiracy theories are popular for the same reasons religions are.

People want to make sense of a world that is, essentially, nothing but chaos. They want to feel secure and in order to do this they want to cling on to this notion that there is something in charge of everything and inevitably this will be sinister.

There's also an additional feeling for these involved and it's based on ego. They want to feel powerful, like they're the ones in the know and only they are smart enough to have figured it all out.

How can I stop myself from getting too draw into this ****? It annoys me so much! But I always end up researching it more and more until nothing makes sense anymore.
Reply 23
Original post by Manitude
The usual response to these kinds of arguments is just to widen the conspiracy.

Implicitly I'm apparently part of a massive scientific conspiracy, because all scientists have to agree to fake all their results so that they're consistent so that someone somewhere can claim that global warming is real and that the universe is billions of years old. Because all it takes to ruin the narrative is for one scientist to find something that contradicts everything else, every scientist has to be in on the conspiracy. And that, therefore, includes me.

Ohh? That's interesting. And what did you find? We don't really get winters anymore.. isn't that a sign of global warming? :h:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Hahha are you describing yourself :h:

No
Original post by Ciel.
Ohh? That's interesting. And what did you find? We don't really get winters anymore.. isn't that a sign of global warming? :h:

Well I'm not a climate scientist (although I do know a few people who are) but I can confirm that nothing in my experiments so far contradicts physics as I understand it.
Original post by Drewski

There's also an additional feeling for these involved and it's based on ego. They want to feel powerful, like they're the ones in the know and only they are smart enough to have figured it all out.

Definitely. I like to browse the conspiracy sub on reddit occasionally. They'll talk about how "awake" they are, how people who disagree with conspiracy theories must be stupid or uninformed or sheep or some variation of that. I even saw a post one time by someone talking about how it's difficult having all this "knowledge" when so many others don't (translation: their friends and relatives don't believe in the same ridiculous **** they do and they don't like that). It's unbelievable how full of themselves so many conspiracy theorists seem to be.

They'll also claim incidents like this are a conspiracy within hours of it happening. They've done it for this attack, the previous Paris attacks, the Charlie Hebdo attacks, and various shootings in the USA among others.
Original post by Drewski
Conspiracy theories are popular for the same reasons religions are.

People want to make sense of a world that is, essentially, nothing but chaos. They want to feel secure and in order to do this they want to cling on to this notion that there is something in charge of everything and inevitably this will be sinister.

I don't think it's only conspiracy theorists that are guilty of this though, so what's the difference?

Oh and Gladio. :colone:
(edited 7 years ago)
You'd be surprised, burying their heads in the sand. A guy at work seems level headed much of the time but he absolutely cannot accept any terrorist attack is actually related to Islam. He doesn't even think ISIS are really real, or at least the majority of events are Western false-flag attacks. He thought Lee Rigby was a false-flag and he wasn't really dead and will probably mutter the same about this, or at least say it had nothing to do with the religion at all. Flabbergasting tbh.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Well, now that you look at it that way...
I would say that the french government might gain a little from making themselves seem like targets of isis, however there might be another country gaining from continuous attacks in france - although that I'd have to research still.

I'd sure be interested to know your findings!

Spoiler

Original post by TelAviv
I'd sure be interested to know your findings!

Spoiler

Nice to know your predictions mate. xD
Original post by joey11223
You'd be surprised, burying their heads in the sand. A guy at work seems level headed much of the time but he absolutely cannot accept any terrorist attack is actually related to Islam. He doesn't even think ISIS are really real, or at least the majority of events are Western false-flag attacks. He thought Lee Rigby was a false-flag and he wasn't really dead and will probably mutter the same about this, or at least say it had nothing to do with the religion at all. Flabbergasting tbh.

Not too different from the people who seemed to thing Jo Cox's murder was a false flag for the pro-remain government to tarnish the leaver's reputations...
Original post by Ciel.
How can I stop myself from getting too draw into this ****? It annoys me so much! But I always end up researching it more and more until nothing makes sense anymore.

Not a lot. Will power is the only thing.
Reply 33
Original post by TorpidPhil
Not too different from the people who seemed to thing Jo Cox's murder was a false flag for the pro-remain government to tarnish the leaver's reputations...

**** yeah, that one really annoyed me.
I want to punch that youtuber so badly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending