The Student Room Group

Why is France constantly targeted by extremism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Its an immature way of expressing disapproval. Don't you understand that?

Why did you edit it out of your post then?

are you the sole arbiter of maturity levels? Do you think you have the final decision on what levels of maturity are appropriate in discourse?

because i found out he didn't mean what i thought he meant.
Reply 21
^ All above just get back on topic.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why are you discussing this with me, if you think it were justified? Why don't you just call for me to kill myself too? Since you believe it to be a mature way of dealing with alternative views.

because outwitting you is amusing
Original post by Proximo
As you all know there have been multiple high profile terrorist attacks in France recently, most notable was of course the Paris attacks and the truck attack in Nice yday.

However Germany, Britain, Switzerland, Hungary, Denmark, all these countries have had no major terrorist attacks and yet France has. Why?

Don't say because the face veil is banned because Russia has banned hijabs, not just face veils, in some regions, Switzerland has banned them in some regions, several towns in Italy have banned face veils and Barcelona in Spain. Turkey and Belgium have also banned face veils to some extent but they aren't the best examples for obvious reasons.

So, why France? What is it, ghettos? Poverty? Security services failing? Inferior prevention?

Surely according to a lot of people on TSR Germany would be a big target because they accepted so many refugees, these refugees are terrorists according to the majority of right wingers (I'm right winger but don't believe this), and yet France has experienced so much more horror.

Thanks

I understand your point but please do not belittle the deaths due to terror attacks in the UK, they happened.
Original post by KingBradly
Actually they pretty much always just bomb things they know for absolute certain are used by ISIS. Don't confuse them with Russia.

So you're saying not even one innocent individual has been killed because of France in those countries ? Hard to believe son

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with others on many points, but I'll add that France is famous for loving things that these guys hate. They're famous for being drinkers, for being lovemakers, for their existentialism, for their burlesque shows, and for the proudness they have for their own culture. These are all pretty shallow, stereotypical ideas of France, and of course don't actually represent France, but if you walk around Paris you'll see a lot of stuff that plays up them, and from their isolated communities these simpletons hate the fact that their host culture appears to be so braisenly proud of all these things which they are diametrically opposed to. They want to break France's confidence.

I find this argument very weak, if these are reasons then they're probably the lowest of the low, definitely more important reasons like the ones below.

Original post by Willdono
-Large Muslim population
-Ghettos, segregation and they don't feel "French"
-Higher proportion living in poverty
-Ethnic tensions. Growth of National Front= anti- Muslim sentiment

This makes sense to me the most, you can't just get rid of a population so I think solving the last three would help a lot.
Original post by Lemauricien
So you're saying not even one innocent individual has been killed because of France in those countries ? Hard to believe son

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strikes are usually on ISIS factories, supplies, or convoys, which are usually not in very populated areas. If there are civ deaths, they're extremely few.
Strikes are usually on ISIS factories, supplies, or convoys, which are usually not in very populated areas. If there are civ deaths, they're extremely few.

I'm certain they don't make their factories etc obvious....
Also, no innocent people should be dying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemauricien
I'm certain they don't make their factories etc obvious....
Also, no innocent people should be dying

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do realise IS kills thousands of innocent people in the countries it exists in? The overall benefit to killing ISIS members is worth it if only a very small number of civs are killed in the crossfire.
You do realise IS kills thousands of innocent people in the countries it exists in? The overall benefit to killing ISIS members is worth it if only a very small number of civs are killed in the crossfire.

Differentiate between should and must, should is the moral conduct and unless you're inhumane, you would agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending