The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Wa'alaikum Assalaam :h:
Jzk for reminders.
Loved the second one actually.

Lol it is nothing major. Basically one day my bro was actually telling/discussing with me about the same topic as in the video. And I was amazed at how our beloved prophet SAW conducted his leadership SubhanAllah because although he did not need any advice still he cared for the people around him (community) and considered their views etc which automatically shows his humble character which made him stand out as a leader at that time. This is actually a very important factor of a successful leader and so can be implemented and become useful in this life time. My brother was like we can learn from that and implement it too in life if needed as one can never truly be superior or think they are to another human being completely.

Ok we had a big discussion/chat so can't really say all but as a summary my bro was highlighting that there is so much beauty and life lessons in even the smallest acts our prophet SAW displayed throughout his life, which we may overlook,not give it justice and not appreciate as much as we should.

SubhanAllah so true.
Masha Allah wise words, thanks for sharing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2101
Original post by HAnwar
SubhanAllah so true.
Masha Allah wise words, thanks for sharing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and np x
Original post by h333
Thanks and np x

prsom in that thread :top:
Reply 2103
Original post by ash92:)
prsom in that thread :top:

[video="youtube;TvF8RfwfGGs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvF8RfwfGGs[/video]
[video="youtube;RTJ0J0nHot8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ0J0nHot8&index=13&list=PLyfPcUoivAtZxH4OldLYK3wYZL hFCyAS6[/video]
Good to see practicing muslims over here. Always wondered though how do you feel when you find yourself in the dark alleys of TSR, so much hatred towards religion and GOD.
Don't forget to fast tomorrow guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2108
Original post by Warrior Gene
Good to see practicing muslims over here. Always wondered though how do you feel when you find yourself in the dark alleys of TSR, so much hatred towards religion and GOD.

I feel that they are deep down very curious and think about religion/Islam a lot :biggrin: which can be sometimes a good thing even if it means they are showing hatred towards it. Some of the most anti-Islamic/anti-religious people can become the most pro-Islamic/pro-religious ifygm. One can never know.

On a serious note, it is part of life and I expect it as religion especially Islam will be in the spot light. There is no need to really feel too disturbed or upset over it as the best you can do is pray for them, yourself and for the rest of the ummah. And it is nice to remind yourself of the difficulties the prophets (pbu them all) went through and their followers at those times, it makes you appreciate things more and be grateful hopefully.

Original post by HAnwar
Don't forget to fast tomorrow guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insha'Allah I will....have so much cleaning to do lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
I feel that they are deep down very curious and think about religion/Islam a lot :biggrin: which can be sometimes a good thing even if it means they are showing hatred towards it. Some of the most anti-Islamic/anti-religious people can become the most pro-Islamic/pro-religious ifygm. One can never know.

On a serious note, it is part of life and I expect it as religion especially Islam will be in the spot light. There is no need to really feel too disturbed or upset over it as the best you can do is pray for them, yourself and for the rest of the ummah. And it is nice to remind yourself of the difficulties the prophets (pbu them all) went through and their followers at those times, it makes you appreciate things more and be grateful hopefully.

Insha'Allah I will....have so much cleaning to do lol.

You're always cleaning lol you're worse than me. Take a break!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asalamo alaykum

I wanted to post this beautiful saying, which originates when people were discussing different sins in front of Imam Ali Ibn Hussain (A.S), and he said:

"Do not look at the size of sin, rather look at who you are disobeying"
Reply 2111
Original post by HAnwar
You're always cleaning lol you're worse than me. Take a break!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :redface: but this is you know deep cleaning and it's for Eid :ahee: Actually I am on a break now :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2112

It's OK in small doses, we'll annoying but bearable. But if becomes very depressing and anger inducing if you stay in the dark alleys for too long. I tend to avoid reading those kind of threads.
Original post by h333
I am :redface: but this is you know deep cleaning and it's for Eid :ahee: Actually I am on a break now :lol:

That's good :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2114
Original post by h333
interesting.

Well, it has happened in the past that many people interested in Islam, including some very famous non-Muslim scholars of Islam, did actually convert : many, on the other hand did not

personally, my interest in Islam has not brought me any nearer to it from a religious point of view - simply, I have learnt quite a lot

Original post by h333
I don't think that prayer is the only resource.

All those who consider that Islam is not a violent religion setting out to conquer the world have a responsibility to explain and, by their example, to represent what they consider as being "real" Islam

best
Eid'l Adha is on monday! :biggrin: Eid mubarak to my fellow brothers and sisters!
Reply 2117
Original post by mariachi
interesting.

Well, it has happened in the past that many people interested in Islam, including some very famous non-Muslim scholars of Islam, did actually convert : many, on the other hand did not

personally, my interest in Islam has not brought me any nearer to it from a religious point of view - simply, I have learnt quite a lot

I don't think that prayer is the only resource.

All those who consider that Islam is not a violent religion setting out to conquer the world have a responsibility to explain and, by their example, to represent what they consider as being "real" Islam

best

Cool. And prayer is the best option as well invitation to Islam, but we must all pray sincerely as it is simple and quick :smile:
Reply 2118
Original post by safaa7
Eid'l Adha is on monday! :biggrin: Eid mubarak to my fellow brothers and sisters!

Bless you are early :h: Eid Mubarak to you too :biggrin:

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا مُبَشِّرًا وَنَذِيرًا
And We have not sent you but as a giver of good news and as a warner.

قُلْ مَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ أَجْرٍ إِلَّا مَن شَاءَ أَن يَتَّخِذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا
Say: I do not ask you aught in return except that he who will, may take the way to his Lord.

وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى الْحَيِّ الَّذِي لَا يَمُوتُ وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِهِ وَكَفَىٰ بِهِ بِذُنُوبِ عِبَادِهِ خَبِيرًا
And rely on the Ever-living Who dies not, and celebrate His praise; and Sufficient is He as being aware of the faults of His servants,

الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَىٰ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ الرَّحْمَٰنُ فَاسْأَلْ بِهِ خَبِيرًا
Who created the heavens and the earth and what is between them in six periods, and He is firmly established on the throne of authority; the Beneficent Allah, so ask respecting it one aware.

[Surah al-Furqan, ayaat 56-59]

This sufficiently answers the question, SubhaanAllah.

1. The duty of a muslim is merely to convey the Message. Beyond this, each soul is responsible for its own choices.

2. We should not seek any other thing from them through our da'wah - not praise, not profit, not reputation, etc. - we should simply hope to do our job correctly in conveying the message and hope that they are receptive to it and that Allah ta'ala guides them.

3. We should rely on Allah alone, keeping in mind that He alone is the Ever-living whereas all else will perish. Thus, the good or bad we face from anyone is insignificant, the favour or enmity anyone holds against us is insignificant, in comparison to Him.

4. He is aware of our faults and the faults of those who disbelieve. Regardless of our transgressions, we should feel no shame in turning to Him and seeking the way of His guidance.

5. He is the Sufficient, regardless of our belief or disbelief, regardless of the belief or disbelief of the masses, His dominion and Majesty is not diminished by an iota nor is it increased by an iota. We believe or disbelieve for our own selves.

6. He is the One who creates, He is the One who ordains, He is the One who plans. He has full authority over the universe. His position is beyond being challenged, beyond being reckoned with, beyond being compared with. He alone holds the position to judge every action by every man with absolute knowledge and He has given man the capability to make decisions and act upon them. He will take us all into account.

Latest

Trending

Trending