The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
How many hours a week do you work?

Work? :ahee: I'm in Uni everyday, probably 23 hours a week. My lecture got cancelled for today though, probably just go gym a bit earlier.:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Assalaamu Alaykum :smile:

Ameen. Jzk.

I was quite ill today but can't complain too much so Alhamdulillah. So sorry for late reply...I literally came back home just half an hour ago 😩 and I got PMs to reply to.
Hope you are ok :smile:

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :h:

I don't her...it is soo complicated though 😕

Oh okay, hope you're better :smile: What was up with you? PM me if you need anything :smile:
Original post by The Epicurean
You raised issue with people claiming Muslims need a dictatorship. The only issue you raised in that post was that people seem to think Muslims are so backwards that they can only function under a dictatorship. Maybe you might want to elaborate your point here because it is confusing. So are you saying Muslims can function perfectly well under a democracy and that a dictatorship of any form is not needed?

Al Nusra love democracy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is there so much hate between sects?
You raised issue with people claiming Muslims need a dictatorship. The only issue you raised in that post was that people seem to think Muslims are so backwards that they can only function under a dictatorship. Maybe you might want to elaborate your point here because it is confusing. So are you saying Muslims can function perfectly well under a democracy and that a dictatorship of any form is not needed?

No I raised an issue with tyrants such as Bashar Assad. And then added Gaddafi as a further example. One man running the state isn't a bad thing but iron fisted (oppressive) people like these guys are bad.

If you're actually serious about discussing this, PM me. Otherwise don't expect further replies or elaboration from me anywhere. Might seem like a harsh attitude but I don't see much point anymore in spamming isoc with arguments against users who tend to be disingenuous for the sake of it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enginerd.
Work? :ahee: I'm in Uni everyday, probably 23 hours a week. My lecture got cancelled for today though, probably just go gym a bit earlier.:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meant like book work innit :hand:

23 hours a day is oright, what do you study? :beard:

:dumbells:
Original post by Tawheed
I believe according to some, this only applies to opposing a future caliphate shurah government comprising of Jabhat Al Nusra , Ahrar Asham among other groups.

If you oppose them, some may regard you to be an enemy of their caliphate.

FYI, there is no middle ground in the syrian war according to some. Either you support a potential shariah shurah caliphate of these groups, or you are a murderous sympathizer. [even though your head would have chopped off as an atheist by such groups].

Please pick the right choice, so you can avoid having words put into your mouth and positions falsely attributed to you and publicly 'shamed'.

Pick the right choice, or be quoted and have your position distorted by 3-4 individuals.

It doesn't matter if you donate to orphan reliefs, support education initiatives and a de-escalation of conflict on all sides in Syria either. Just pick the right choice.

And when you recognise your studies, work, family commitments, and mental energy and realise you just have no time to debate and waste energy on people who distort your position , remember that whoever gets the last 'word' wins.

Which fellow Isoc members are you slandering bro? Could you provide some names :beard:
Original post by yudothis
Why is there so much hate between sects?

It's better to not ask this.

Some will use this question itself as an opportunity to slander other sects in Islam.

From my own personal perspective, half of my family are sunni's, my brother in law is a sunni, and i regularly live, eat, dine, and pray behind sunni's.

Sunni muslims are my brothers/sisters in the religion.

We are mature enough to recognise when to agree on commonalities, and respectfully agree to disagree on differences. Then, let Allah azwj be the judge. What judge is better than he?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
It's better to not ask this.

Some will use this question itself as an opportunity to slander other sects in Islam.

Fair enough. I was just reading this piece about Saudi Arabia, it was pretty scathing in how they behave in the region in this regard.
Saw this
Salaam, how is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykum asalaam

Alhamdulillah not bad. I'm eating rn and then I've got a lecture at 1. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam

Alhamdulillah not bad. I'm eating rn and then I've got a lecture at 1. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhumdulillah, just trying to keep busy on my day off. What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meant like book work innit :hand:

23 hours a day is oright, what do you study? :beard:

:dumbells:

23 hours a DAY?! You crazy mannn! Computing Science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alhumdulillah, just trying to keep busy on my day off. What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok. Biomedical Science. Wbu?

Saw this

We're so lucky and they're so dedicating to learn mashaAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
23 hours a DAY?! You crazy mannn! Computing Science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A week*********** :tongue:

Oooo vnice. Can u hack TSR :smug:
Reply 4036
Original post by beautifulxxx
Same in riyadh hijab is a choice for the women here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really, i expected Riaydh to be really strict, i mean they apparently do public floggings and punishments there
Hmm, true, I don't think I'd really wish to have a PM conversation with an infamous troll who has spent many days creating dupe accounts and posting anonymously trying to be abusive to me because he doesn't like my views or opinions. I'd rather stick to having conversations with members who have a better track record and who are less puerile.

Like me :flutter: :rolleyes:
Original post by mkap
Really, i expected Riaydh to be really strict, i mean they apparently do public floggings and punishments there

Original post by Zamestaneh
Like me :flutter: :rolleyes:

Zamestaneh should be publically flogged for that first emoji.

Spoiler

Zamestaneh should be publically flogged for that first emoji

It's just kohl, bruh :hand:

Latest

Trending

Trending