The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed

I appreciate that this is the I-SOC and not the Sunni Society or the Shia Society, but I have done my duty in presenting resources which would be useful to the majority of Muslims. Putting my point about spreading truth and rejecting falsehood to one side (although Islamically it is sufficient as a response to you), if I were to allocate space for one minority group, then I would have to afford the same privelage to other other minority groups, be they Barelwis, Ismaelis, Zaydis, Ibadis etc, and therefore the OP would get rediculous and it would also internally clonflict, and thus be confusing as a source of information to any undereducated, confused or otherwise easily influenced Muslim, or to any non-Muslim reading it - that is no way to call or advise any person to truth, even if they have labels next to the resources, as it could lead one astray rather than to truth.

You must also remember that the OP merely introduces the society, and any additional information or resources provided is exactly that - additional - and therefore there is no need to go out of one's way to provide additional information to the additional information already given just to appease a small group; if I so desired, I could have a bland OP with no content at all, though this would not be particularly useful. I therefore respectfully decline to make this addition to the OP, and I would argue against any moderator change as being against the will and interests of the majority of Muslims, seeing as you are the only regular poster from differing sect.

Again, forgive my shortcomings, but I am only doing what I believe to be my Islamic duties which have been imposed by Allah (SWT). There is nothing more we really have to discuss on this issue.

Edit: It seems somewhat insincere that I had hardly typed my response before you jumped to the moderators. It does not reflect well, making these formalities appear to be just a facade.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by s_ahmed2
Lool, it's actually worse when you're leading. This Ramadan I nearly lead 1 rakaat and another time I actually did 3 :confused:. No one corrected me so had to do it again.

Yeah we usually do jummuah there, but prayed at elm today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't know how you do it, I know for a fact I would mess up on surah fatiha so kudos to you.

Yeah I prayed there too.
Don't know if you heard, but the imam was talking about fasting this Monday, and he said you can get triple the reward, one for fasting for shawwal, one for the sunnah of fasting Mon and Thurs, and do you know what the third reward was for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by HAnwar
I honestly don't know how you do it, I know for a fact I would mess up on surah fatiha so kudos to you.

Yeah I prayed there too.
Don't know if you heard, but the imam was talking about fasting this Monday, and he said you can get triple the reward, one for fasting for shawwal, one for the sunnah of fasting Mon and Thurs, and do you know what the third reward was for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

looooooooooooooooooooool

i was there too. who knows, maybe i was praying beside brother ahmed :bigsmile:

iirc, it was cos monday is a white day
(edited 7 years ago)
Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent reply.

If we want to put an end to this drama then simply don't quote back.
Original post by HAnwar

Yeah I prayed there too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Monday is going to be the 13th of shawaal I think.
So the third ajar being the fast of the white days.
Thanks for the reminder completely wasn't aware Mon was 13th
Original post by HAnwar

Yeah I prayed there too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool, alhamdulillah

Yeah he said that this monday is the 13th of Shawwal. Third sunnah is on one of the white days(13th,14th,15th). Called white days cos of the full moon at this time of the month. So if you fast on monday you'll get the reward for three sunnahs.

Edit: Just realised others have beaten me to it lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by 'ashiq
looooooooooooooooooooool

Haha really? Small world.

Maybe you were who knows :tongue:

Oh ok JZK :smile:

Original post by Al-farhan
Monday is going to be the 13th of shawaal I think.
So the third ajar being the fast of the white days.
Thanks for the reminder completely wasn't aware Mon was 13th

Ah I see JZK.
No worries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 'ashiq
looooooooooooooooooooool

Hmmm, possibly. However from a statistical point of view extremely unlikely lol.
Reply 89
Original post by HAnwar
Haha really? Small world.

Maybe you were who knows :tongue:

Oh ok JZK :smile:

Ah I see JZK.
No worries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, i was! what a small dunya. Whitechapel is right up my ends:tongue:

imam recited surah al-asr and surah... :redface: i forget

there was also a janazah. Mind you, i had no idea how to do the janazah but still performed it. last janazah i offered was also at elm, but about 4 years ago. oh well.
Reply 90
Original post by s_ahmed2
Lool, alhamdulillah

Yeah he said that this monday is the 13th of Shawwal. Third sunnah is on one of the white days(13th,14th,15th). Called white days cos of the full moon at this time of the month. So if you fast on monday you'll get the reward for three sunnahs.

Edit: Just realised others have beaten me to it lol

That makes a lot of sense JZK :smile:

Lol no worries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam

You're welcome

yes, it's Q :h:
Original post by 'ashiq

there was also a janazah. Mind you, i had no idea how to do the janazah but still performed it. last janazah i offered was also at elm, but about 4 years ago. oh well.

Oh is it, so you in uni atm?

They have a lot of janazahs at elm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by HAnwar
Ameen x
And it's very true what you posted above. Great post :yy:

Just because you're an imam no need to get gassed :hand:
Btw I went past EC today, didn't realise it was so close to the masjid lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jzk. :smile: <3
Reply 94
Original post by 'ashiq

Lol really. I don't go there much except to eat out with friends because they have the best restaurants/dessert places there.

I can't remember either lol probably Sharh or Takathur

Lol I missed the janazah salah since I was praying my 4 fardh :biggrin:
But yeah can't remember how to pray it either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In.
Reply 96
Original post by Leukocyte

I was going to post this. :colondollar:
Reply 97
Original post by h333
Jzk. :smile: <3

Wa iyyaki x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Dunno who said what I've just seen ideas quote Tawheed, above. But I don't think there's anything wrong with adding Shia sources which are subheaded as Shia sources, so it's clear for the reader.
Reply 99
@PrincessBO$$ I checked the part 2 thread you made a while ago. Soo cute bless. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending