The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Everyone will have their desires fulfilled in paradise.

You have Hindus converting to Islam, and Muslims leaving it.
Unless you live under a rock and have never heard about Islam or have been given a distorted view of it, you really have no excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not a great example , seeing as Hindus in large part did not convert even post invasion by successive islamic armies from arabia and persia - thats why there are still a billion or so hindus in the world. many of the muslims that live on the indian subcontinent where as result of the conquests of their homeland by the mughals where lands were undefended except by those of the lowest castes ie villagers that had no protectorate of a royal kingdom. i suppose in his example the most villager isolated in rural india that infact did not convert despite incessant invasions coming in from the west , is surely the best example of honourous virtue and staunch morals and- even in islamc terms?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chakede
not a great example , seeing as Hindus in large part did not convert even post invasion by successive islamic armies from arabia and persia - thats why there are still a billion or so hindus in the world. many of the muslims that live on the indian subcontinent where as result of the conquests of their homeland by the mughals where lands were undefended except by those of the lowest castes ie villagers that had no protectorate of a royal kingdom. i suppose in his example the most villager isolated in rural india that infact did not convert despite incessant invasions coming in from the west , is surely the best example of honourous virtue and staunch morals and- even in islamc terms?

Idk what you're on about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Idk what you're on about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

? perhaps villagers in yemen or somalia who converted would be a better example, seeing as most of them did in fact adopt islam after conquest
Original post by Chakede
? perhaps villagers in yemen or somalia who converted would be a better example, seeing as most of them did in fact adopt islam after conquest

The other guy started going on about Hindus, not me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ash92:)
. Rather, we study the Quran in order to attain a wholesome understanding of the issue at hand. It is very important not to mix up our priorities. .

so may i ask, if you are studying the quran and someone else is also , coming to different conclusions - what happens then?
Original post by Chakede
so may i ask, if you are studying the quran and someone else is also , coming to different conclusions - what happens then?

We have a standard normal interpretation of the Quran, which is based on the isnad system(chain of transmission) going all the way back to the prophet(saw).

So when someone wants to study the Quran they have to go to someone who is qualified and has authorisation to teach(isnaad).

Kind of like a student at uni learning from the lecturer. The difference is that for muslims the teacher is the uni and he has the authority to give his student an ijaazah(certificate).
Original post by Chakede

This is known as ikhtilaaf. It is not an issue, given that each stance is actually justifiable from the evidence and both have a similar likelihood of being correct. Of course, difference of opinion is justified in some places but not in others - eg. the qasm of al-shaf'i and al-watr in the first section of Surah al-Fajr versus the identity of al-Rooh in Surah al-Qadr.
The Meaning Of Al-Hamdu Lillaah (All Praise Is Due To Allaah)

"This word, al-Hamd, is used to describe someone with perfection of self, attributes, and actions out of love and honor. Therefore, Allaah is perfect in His Self, His attributes, and His actions.

This praising must be with a condition it must be made with love and honor. The people of knowledge say that simply describing someone with perfection yet not out of real love and honor for the praised one, then it is not called Hamd. Rather, it is only called Madh (a lesser degree of praise or admiration).

Therefore, this (second) type of praising occurs often from people while they do not really love the one they are praising. They only want to gain something from them. Some of the poets stand before the leaders and come with poetry of amazing praiseworthy descriptions of them yet void of any real love for them. Their love is for the wealth they are given, or they do this out of fear of them.

On the contrary, our praise for our Lord is a form of praise out of love and honor. Consequently, al-Hamd is to praise the One described with total perfection out of love and honor for Him.

[Usool At-Tafseer, by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen]

"This word, al-Hamd, is used to describe someone with perfection of self, attributes, and actions out of love and honor. Therefore, Allaah is perfect in His Self, His attributes, and His actions.

This praising must be with a condition it must be made with love and honor. The people of knowledge say that simply describing someone with perfection yet not out of real love and honor for the praised one, then it is not called Hamd. Rather, it is only called Madh (a lesser degree of praise or admiration).

Therefore, this (second) type of praising occurs often from people while they do not really love the one they are praising. They only want to gain something from them. Some of the poets stand before the leaders and come with poetry of amazing praiseworthy descriptions of them yet void of any real love for them. Their love is for the wealth they are given, or they do this out of fear of them.

On the contrary, our praise for our Lord is a form of praise out of love and honor. Consequently, al-Hamd is to praise the One described with total perfection out of love and honor for Him.

@ash92 [s]smile[/s] did you just post the same thing six times or am I seeing things?
He post 6
Reply 1752
Original post by HAnwar
@ash92 [s]smile[/s] did you just post the same thing six times or am I seeing things?

I read it again to check if I am ok :lol:
May Allah bless him :h:Ameen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

Hehe, tsr/tapatalk app had some sort of technical issue - it wouldn't accept the post when I was submitting it so I tried several times. In the end, it still didn't show up so I was expecting to post it this morning instead.
Original post by IdeasForLife
He post 6

lol

hit for 6

brother ash be playing cricket here
Original post by life.....
lol

hit for 6

brother ash be playing cricket here

:biggrin: spreading the vibe from the Oval :lol:
QUESTION:

Is there any chance of getting blessings from an act ruined by riyaa if one’s intentions change to please Allaah after the thought of riyaa has already come?

For example, I finish reciting Qu’raan, and the thought of riyaa enters my mind. If I immediately fight this thought with thinking about Allaah, can I still get blessings for my recitation, or is it completely ruined forever because of riyaa, given that the act is over and the riyaa thought came after it was already over?.

ANSWER:

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

Showing off may affect worship in three ways:

1 When the basic motive for worship is to be seen by others, such as one who stands and prays so that people will see him, and so that they will praise him for his prayers. This invalidates the act of worship.

2 When it is a factor that develops during the act of worship, i.e., if the worshipper is initially sincere in his intention towards Allaah, then the idea of showing off develops whilst he is doing it. In this case one of the following two scenarios must apply:

(i) There is no connection between the first part of his act of worship and the last part, so the first part is valid in all cases, and the last part is invalid.

For example: a man has one hundred riyals that he wants to give in charity, so he gives fifty of them in a sincere act of charity. Then the idea of showing off develops with regard to the remaining fifty. So the first was a sound and accepted act of charity, but the last fifty was an invalid act of charity because the sincerity was mixed with a desire to show off.

(ii) The first part of the act of worship is connected to the last part, in which case one of the following two scenarios must apply:

(a) He wards off the idea of showing off and does not give in to it, rather he turns away from it and hates it. This does not have any effect on him, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has forgiven my ummah for what crosses their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

(b) When he gives in to this idea of showing off and does not ward it off. In this case the entire act of worship becomes invalid, because the first part is connected to the last part. For example, he starts the prayer with a sincere intention towards Allaah, then the idea of showing off develops in the second rak’ah, so the entire prayer becomes invalid because the first part is connected to the last part.

3 The idea of showing off develop after the act of worship has ended. This does not affect it or invalidate it, because it has been completed soundly, so if showing off occurs after that it does not affect it.

It is not showing off if a person feels happy that the people come to know about his worship, because this developed after he has finished the act of worship.

It is not showing off if a person feels happy because he has done an act of worship, because that is a sign of his faith. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever feels happy because of his good deeds and sad because of his bad deeds, that is the believer.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about that and said: “That is the first glad tidings of the believer.”

[Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 2/29, 30]
Salaam guys.
Do we have any computer experts in the soc?
Original post by Al-farhan
Salaam guys.
Do we have any computer experts in the soc?

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah
Iqbal007 is good with computer stuffs, idk if he's been lurking recently :ninja:
Original post by ash92:)
Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah
Iqbal007 is good with computer stuffs, idk if he's been lurking recently :ninja:

I hope he is still lurking around.
Been trying to install windows 10 but having issues
It is like windows is trolling me.
Installer asks me to do something and when I do, it says no it wants the original state.:s-smilie::angry:

Latest

Trending

Trending