Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ewandernoth - Summer Bucketlist!

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

After my first long, strenuous year at boarding school, I think I've finally deserved a holiday.
    It might not be the dream holiday, like going to the Maldives, Dubai, or whereever else, however I think that this is going to be an enjoyable summer!

My bucket list consists of rather small things, but either way - here it is.

1 - Do exercise regularily; this includes riding a bike, weightlifting, swimming, or whatever else there is. I've already started doing this activity but I must force myself to hold it up.

2 - I want to bake a cake using Woodruff, a plant that can be made into sweet syrup and which turns out to be green; it's very summery and therefore fits right into the programme! It should be interesting because I've never made a woodruff cake before.

3 - I want to be able to entertain myself at the airport on the 22nd of July. Basically, I'm going to be stuck at the airport for around 8 to 9 hours, and really need to find a way to enjoy myself. Preferrably without spending a lot of money. Seriously, my waiting time at the airport is good 7 hours LONGER than my actual flight.

4 - I want to go outside more often. Right now, I'm mostly sitting at home, trying to find something to do. Whilst I do so successfully, and enjoy my video games, I think it would be healthy for me to get out more than once a day. Trips to the grocery store and back don't really count! Even if I'm in the backyard, doing something.

5 - I would like to go camping - I'm spending a reasonable amount of time with my cousin, and when we were younger her and I used to go camping outside. This might sadly not happen because of my cousins' hayfever, but either way, we shall see.

6 - I want to go visit my grandparents for at least three days. I don't get to see them much anymore, and it might become even less in the future. They are turning 80 this year, and I don't want to miss out on them.

7 - I'd like to go on a high-ropes course, because I haven't been on one in ages. Despite me being afraid of heights, this is something I would definitely like to experience again. I don't know whether this will be with my cousin or my boyfriend.

8 - When I go to the amusement park, I want to be able to pig out and enjoy myself as much as possible. I would also like to try to stay away from the Arcade, and go on every single ride there is. I would also like to go on the waterrides, which I usually try to avoid.

9 - I'm going on a mandatory trip for my confirmation, however I don't want to treat it as such and actually show genuine interest in whatever we're looking at. I would also like to try to communicate with the people there that I don't know very well and make sure I have a nice time.

10 - I have a free entry ticket to a Sunset FilmFestival. I think I'd like to go to that with either my cousin or my boyfriend; we'd have a nice time and it'd be fun.

11 - I want to take my boyfriend out to the viewpoint where you can see the alps in full view.

That's my simple bucketlist for summer. The activities aren't amazing, but they're quite nice and I think I'd enjoy it very much.

(Original post by ewandernoth)
    10 - I have a free entry ticket to a Sunset FilmFestival. I think I'd like to go to that with either my cousin or my boyfriend; we'd have a nice time and it'd be fun.
    That sounds lovely!

Have you been to any film festivals before?

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    That sounds lovely!

Have you been to any film festivals before?
    No, I've never been to a film festival! They sound very fun
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.